Reason doesn't release audio driver for background applications

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
sonicbyte

Post 18 Apr 2021

Hi,

I'm using a simple tascam US 2x2 audio interface in Windows 10... it works fine, but while I'm using Reason I can't play any audio in other application (media player, browser, audacity, etc)... I already tried many settings in the sound panel, give specific drivers for apps and leave one exclusiveley for Reason... but no luck, no matter I choose Reason wins and it blocks any audio outside of it.

I have disabled any other onboard soundcard, so my only source for audio is the Tascam.

I have read that other DAW like Cubase, Studio One, etc have explicit settings to release the audio driver in the background, but Reason doesn't...

Any ideas?
Thanks

DaveyG

Post 18 Apr 2021

sonicbyte wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Hi,

I'm using a simple tascam US 2x2 audio interface in Windows 10... it works fine, but while I'm using Reason I can't play any audio in other application (media player, browser, audacity, etc)... I already tried many settings in the sound panel, give specific drivers for apps and leave one exclusiveley for Reason... but no luck, no matter I choose Reason wins and it blocks any audio outside of it.

I have disabled any other onboard soundcard, so my only source for audio is the Tascam.

I have read that other DAW like Cubase, Studio One, etc have explicit settings to release the audio driver in the background, but Reason doesn't...

Any ideas?
Thanks
Edit->Preferences->Audio->Play in background

EdwardKiy

Post 18 Apr 2021

Don't know man, works for me. I have the same audio interface selected for both Reason and Windows. Don't know if that's also relevant, but I have the "play in background" box checked.

works for me.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reason 12 - last chance.

• Information