Irfanview

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jagwah

16 Mar 2021

Irfanview is a freeware image viewer, it does other things besides viewing images but I just like it for that reason as it does it well.

It also has an added benefit, if you have an open an instance of Irfanview while working in Reason - on PC you can quickly ALT + TAB, and then hit enter and you have a full black screen. So when I'm in Reason and trying to critically listen to my work, I hit play, then ALT + TAB and enter and boom black screen - ALT + TAB again and boom back to Reason full screen. It's simple and quick and effective.

Also once both are full screen it's just ALT + TAB between the two.

I tend to open multiple instances as I have a habit of closing Irfanview when jumping back to Reason instead of simply ALT + TAB.

https://www.irfanview.com/

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

I usually just close my eyes!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Jagwah

16 Mar 2021

Noise wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I usually just close my eyes!
That's an easier way for sure and I remember James Bernard suggesting the same thing, however I prefer this method for a few reasons, mainly as I work at night a lot and very late too, closing my eyes for 3 - 5 minutes repeatedly just puts me in the wrong head space. I look at screens all day and to switch it to black has a desired effect for me, may seem silly to some but I figured it's worth sharing.

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

It's cool to share, thanks. My method is rather silly, I just stand up, and look into another room corner, or at the window for example and just listen.
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

BRIGGS

16 Mar 2021

Or... just fold up all the devices and tracks. (alt-click)
r11s

Burton

16 Mar 2021

And the change in color from light to black does not greatly affect your vision? I don't like such changes. Eyes get tired very quickly. I prefer a stable color gamut.

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2021

Not a single color in the avatars. What's going on.

selig
RE Developer

16 Mar 2021

If I'm not just closing my eyes I'm triggering my Electric Sheep screen saver.
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

16 Mar 2021

I just expand the Rack view

Burton

17 Mar 2021

Noise wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Not a single color in the avatars. What's going on.
This is a conspiracy of the Freemasons, definitely. In another way, it cannot happen that everything in a row with black and white avatars.

Jagwah

17 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Mar 2021
I just expand the Rack view
Honestly if you like doing that you should try Irfanview, cuts out all that information to zero, and arguably quicker too.

Jagwah

17 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
16 Mar 2021
This might be worth a try too!
Burton wrote:
16 Mar 2021
And the change in color from light to black does not greatly affect your vision? I don't like such changes. Eyes get tired very quickly. I prefer a stable color gamut.
No my light is usually on, I wouldn't like a harsh change like that either.

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
16 Mar 2021
The mystical 32 bit sheep falling from the sky :lol: :lol: I still randomly install it on all my friends computers who happens to let me have their pc repaired :lol: :lol:

• Information