NI and Izotope alliance

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

joeyluck

11 Mar 2021

I had thought this was a merger or acquisition based on the Facebook post CM made...

"Two giants of the music software world are now one."

But it is as you say, it's an "alliance".

Now I wonder what they will do aside from promote each other's products...

If they were to make a DAW together...holy crap. NI's content combined with iZotope's mixing and repair tools...that would be difficult to compete with.

tiker01

11 Mar 2021

In the article the author speculates that a DAW manufacturer would fit well into the picture. Who knows maybe RS will be the DAW part? :?:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

DaveyG

11 Mar 2021

The "alliance" word is just spin. What we're seeing there is an investment group buying a company then buying another company in the same field with a plan to form a group, add another company or two then sell the whole lot for more than the sum of the parts. It's all about the money

The group will have a name before too long and there WILL be structural changes, regardless of that press release. NI and iZotope will just be brands within that group. If I was Verdane I'd be on the phone to them suggesting that Reason would be a good addition.

Billy+

11 Mar 2021

So it's being driven by investment firms trying to enable easier access to people looking for a creative outlet.

which over the past year has been music as an increasing number of people have found them selves at home with more free time on their hands. So by providing a lower entry cost more people will be able to access the products that will increase the investment firms revenue.

All thats need now is an investment firm that will distribute the content to the listeners while actually paying the content creators a fair price and the circle is complete.

James Bermingham

12 Mar 2021

Definitely gonna be an interesting next few years initially to see what is produced.

tronam

12 Mar 2021

I had heard rumblings about this a while back regarding Native-Instruments, but I was not expecting it to be iZotope at all. That took me by surprise.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

integerpoet

12 Mar 2021

DaveyG wrote:
11 Mar 2021
…and there WILL be structural changes, regardless of that press release.
It's almost humorous the way that denial happens literally every time one company buys another.

It's like a winking not-so-secret message to employees to make sure their résumé is up-to-date and their LinkedIn password still works.

avasopht
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2021

The digital music making market is growing, and there are predicted billions up for grabs in the 5 years, so there is a lot of investment trying to capitalise on it.

• Information