PreSonus ATOM Pad Controller with Reason 11 Suite

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
reasonperson

08 Feb 2021

Can you use the PreSonus ATOM Pad Controller with Reason 11 Suite? I would like to use its note-repeat feature with Kong and ReDrum.

danc

08 Feb 2021

reasonperson wrote:
08 Feb 2021
Can you use the PreSonus ATOM Pad Controller with Reason 11 Suite? I would like to use its note-repeat feature with Kong and ReDrum.
I have the ATOM. This was answered here... https://answers.presonus.com/49826/use- ... -reason-11

Bottom line is, yes you can use within Reason, BUT it will just be a generic MIDI controller... the ATOM specific functionality written on each button (like note repeat) will not function as you'd expect. The pads will send MIDI note, starting at C for bottom/left pad. The other buttons and rotaries will send MIDI cc, which you can assign to anything you want in Reason.

With this in mind - out of the box I don't think ATOM is an ideal Reason partner, unless you are prepared to do some extensive CC mapping.
Check my Soundcloud:

reasonperson

08 Feb 2021

Thanks

DJMaytag

30 Jun 2022

How well does the Atom work in R12? I only need the 16 pads for drumming. Do you need to map them for something like Kong, or is it fairly straightforward on the pad to key map that Kong uses?

I don’t care about the other buttons and knobs, but if those are able to used for something, that’s a bonus.

• Information