Digital Performer Lite 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EdGrip

14 Jan 2021

My favourite quick and easy tape machine, Studio One Prime, was acting up - so I thought I'd install my free copy of DP10 Lite that came with my audio interface - maybe I'd prefer that for just quickly recording some audio?

Man. That software is a bleak grey expanse. I got it recording, but after 20 minutes messing around with (1 single audio track) the graphics for the mixer VU meter and the playhead started freezing up. Digital Performer is a terrible place. I was really expecting to like it - it seems like it could be the Goldilocks DAW!
Perhaps Reaper is my next tape machine...

EDIT Reaper is great at this whaaaaaaaat

guitfnky

14 Jan 2021

EdGrip wrote:
14 Jan 2021
My favourite quick and easy tape machine, Studio One Prime, was acting up - so I thought I'd install my free copy of DP10 Lite that came with my audio interface - maybe I'd prefer that for just quickly recording some audio?

Man. That software is a bleak grey expanse. I got it recording, but after 20 minutes messing around with (1 single audio track) the graphics for the mixer VU meter and the playhead started freezing up. Digital Performer is a terrible place. I was really expecting to like it - it seems like it could be the Goldilocks DAW!
Perhaps Reaper is my next tape machine...

EDIT Reaper is great at this whaaaaaaaat
DP is great—on a Mac. I’ve had similar problems with the PC version, and MOTU’s support is absolute trash. their forums are filled with unhelpful, bitter old men.

it really IS a shame, because it’s a beastly DAW.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information