Passing Reason audio through Discord

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
aeroprism

23 Dec 2020

Hello beautiful people!

First post on this forum! Hi!!

Been a Reason user since 2000, I use it for original composition but mainly for my remixing of video game music. I'm somewhat between a clueless and an advanced user, meaning that the features I use, I tend to know extremely well but there are SO many toys I still don't use. Currently using Reason 9, no intention for upgrades for a while. I love this software to death, it's part of my daily life pretty much every day.

On topic: I want to involve one of my remix fans into a project I am making for her. I want to be able to work while we do a Discord audio call but while I can share the visual just fine, I can't seem to get the audio to go through as Reason is not seen as a compatible app as opposed to say, a video game.

Is there a workaround? An alternative?

Thanks so much!!

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

Yeah Discord is a mess in that regard; the solution is to download FL Studio's generic ASIO driver (you'll get it by installing the demo, it will be forever yours) and use that one as an audio output within Reason :thumbs_up:

You can also get your standard ASIO output (you know for compression, EQ, noise gate) into Discord with Voicemeeter Banana, but that's pretty convoluted and a different topic. Basically it allows you to hear your DAW audio output via voice chat, but that does not include video.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

aeroprism

23 Dec 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Dec 2020
Yeah Discord is a mess in that regard; the solution is to download FL Studio's generic ASIO driver (you'll get it by installing the demo, it will be forever yours) and use that one as an audio output within Reason :thumbs_up:
Thanks so much for the answer! I installed FL studio demo and set up Reason to use the ASIO4ALL that came with it. I opened its control panel but I cant seem to find an interaction with Discord. Are there other steps to take to configure this?

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

aeroprism wrote:
23 Dec 2020
diminished wrote:
23 Dec 2020
Thanks so much for the answer! I installed FL studio demo and set up Reason to use the ASIO4ALL that came with it. I opened its control panel but I cant seem to find an interaction with Discord. Are there other steps to take to configure this?
It should show up as "ASIO FL Studio ASIO" in the Reason audio card driver dropdown menu.
I think there's a checkbox you have to click when installing FL but it's been a long while. First, make sure you didn't miss it in the dropdown menu.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

aeroprism

23 Dec 2020

Yes! YES!! Thank you SO MUCH!! It WORKS!! :)

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

<3

• Information