Adding a 2nd tier to a Keyboard Stand. Is it possible or...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mistro17

25 Nov 2020

I have a Rock Jam Xfininity which is an X-style keyboard stand. I'm getting a second keyboard (M-Audio keystation 88 MK3) and I would like to place my current Akia MPK249 on another tier. I do see 2nd tiers to buy but I'm wondering if those kinds of accessories are only made for specific stands or are there universal ones? Would be nice if I can avoid buying another stand.

stillifegaijin

25 Nov 2020

As long as you can remove the two rubber end caps from one side of the stand and it's hollow inside the metal tube then the On-Stage type 2nd tier will work. - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... l-2nd-tier - It just needs to slide inside the other stand and then you turn the knob to expand the two pieces inside to secure it. I hope that makes sense. They are pretty universal. I have connected them to various brands of stands.

Mistro17

25 Nov 2020

stillifegaijin wrote:
25 Nov 2020
As long as you can remove the two rubber end caps from one side of the stand and it's hollow inside the metal tube then the On-Stage type 2nd tier will work. - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... l-2nd-tier - It just needs to slide inside the other stand and then you turn the knob to expand the two pieces inside to secure it. I hope that makes sense. They are pretty universal. I have connected them to various brands of stands.
Thanks! Yeah I can remove the rubber parts. I'll give that a try. I love Sweetwater BTW :D

Mistro17

20 Dec 2020

So I tried https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -iq-by-200 Turns out the tubes I have are too big for the grips to take hold. And I don't see any info on this stand for 2nd tier recommendations. Any way I can make this work? Like maybe stick something into the tubes to help the grip? Otherwise i have to either send it back or buy another stand that can support it.

stillifegaijin

21 Dec 2020

Yeah, that one you got has a different mechanism for fitting inside the tubes than the link I shared. It says it's a second tier for Ultimate stands IQ-X-1000 / IQ-X-2000 specifically where the one I posted is "universal". If you want it to be stable and to feel secure having your gear on it I'd exchange it for ones that work rather than hacking it together. Looks like the On-Stage one is $17 more but it will work.

EdGrip

21 Dec 2020

Tiers are a touchy subject in England right now.

Mistro17

21 Dec 2020

stillifegaijin wrote:
21 Dec 2020
Yeah, that one you got has a different mechanism for fitting inside the tubes than the link I shared. It says it's a second tier for Ultimate stands IQ-X-1000 / IQ-X-2000 specifically where the one I posted is "universal". If you want it to be stable and to feel secure having your gear on it I'd exchange it for ones that work rather than hacking it together. Looks like the On-Stage one is $17 more but it will work.
For some reason that link keeps sending me different items. The first time I clicked it, it was the one I ordered. Weird. Clicking on just a while ago took me to a plugin LOL. I'm in contact with Sweetwater for a switch. Thanks again.

Edit: And now it takes me to the one you intended. :D

• Information