Which CPU would you chose?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
moalla

27 Apr 2021

Updated
Several years ago, i bought a ryzen 1700 and the performance of this cpu was not so good, especial the thing with lower latencys in conclusion to intel was more than weak, so i sold this machine and was going back to my 4710mq intel notebook. I don´t know how big the difference between 3900x and 5900x in abolut terms is, but the price difference of 300€ for me was to much for only 10%-15% more pure power at all. So a lot of people at gearslutz wrote about 5900x and also got statements that the thermal disadvantages of the 5900x cpu die (two core packs in one cpu same as 3900x but with a differental thermaldesign requirements ) considerable temperatures over 95Celcius

But okay if also the 5900x is at all more or less with max 4,6ghz all core power a little bit undervolted runing good, the biggest difference are than given when the microcode updates of the cpu/mainboard bios are effective enough, like i saw with my new mainboard wich was updated to Agesa 1.2 first at beginn of february 21 and now it gaves me stable 4,3ghz all core power and the only problem at the end iss the one 120mm fan water cooled AIO, whose 180watt max thermal design could be to low or the original heat paste is to weak, so it could produce emergency cutouts at extrewmly high loads, but with dark rock pro cooler or comparable colling solutions people wrote, there are absolutly no problems with these 2 chiplet cpu´s, also at lower fan speed seetings.

So at the end decide what is your budget and how you can handle the temperature problems in relation of noise and dezibel fan thing.
I ´ve paid 780€ for my 12cores, minitix b550, 16gbram 3600mhz , 500gb nvme 2000mb/s PC with 1030gt gpu, smal be quiet TFX power supply
and 120mm single fan AIO
a comparable mac mini costs...eventually more than reason with a lots of absolutly wicked rack and vst extensions!?

My plan was to build up my system as low noise (max 32db) with passiv gt1030 msi card, as a really mobile desktop system, bundeled with an light 21inch screen as backpack computer, to visit other musicians and i decided 12 cores with lower temperature are better than newer 8 cores (5800x) with 15celsius temperature more for around 420€, where i also have not the decision to build it in a smaller form factor in conclusion of the size problem of bigger coolers wich are needed for such hot stuff.
my pc case size is 130mm x 210mm x 240mm
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

moalla

27 Apr 2021

But yeah folks, AMD has a problem with USB connections, on new Mainboards, that USB sound card connection gets lost sometimes, like it happens to my fireface uc, and I was wondering what problem could that, it was not so problematic only some restarts of the soundcard and it works. Now today I read that amd releases a updated Agesa 1.2.2 patch for B550, x570 owners to fix it, now I have to wait if my board is updated
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information