MaschineR Retouch control

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
aftrshok99

28 Oct 2020

I have a Maschine Mikro MK3 and was looking at using it as a controller within Reason. My question for those who have looked into it or currently use it is this. Is it worth using or is just as easy to use keyboard shortcuts / mouse to do basically what MaschineR does?
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

PhillipOrdonez

28 Oct 2020

It is great to use with Reason on the MK3! You still need some mouse usage but it is a fine integration. Easy to switch from controlling Reason and the maschine plugin within reason. Good thing it isn't expensive, too bad there isn't a trial. I haven't used it in a while cause I've been making music with the RRP though.

aftrshok99

29 Oct 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Oct 2020
It is great to use with Reason on the MK3! You still need some mouse usage but it is a fine integration. Easy to switch from controlling Reason and the maschine plugin within reason. Good thing it isn't expensive, too bad there isn't a trial. I haven't used it in a while cause I've been making music with the RRP though.
Did you use it on a Windows pc? Just wondering how much trouble it was to install.
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

PhillipOrdonez

29 Oct 2020

aftrshok99 wrote:
29 Oct 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Oct 2020
Did you use it on a Windows pc? Just wondering how much trouble it was to install.
Yeh w10. It wasn't difficult to install, and if you have some doubts and you message them, they offer good support.

aftrshok99

30 Oct 2020

I ended up picking it up and I really like using the Mikro MK3 to control Reason. Installation was easy and went without any issues. I ended up changing the pad colors because I like more color...LOL

My MK3 sits on a pull out shelf under my desk and it's so handy to have easy access to things in Reason. Yes I know it's probably just as easy to use keyboard shortcuts but if I'm laying down a track with the pads it's easier to just hit a button on the MK3 to do a task then to reach up to my keyboard....lol

The one issue I've run into is when pressing the native + browser button it doesn't work as intended. Probably something wrong on my end but I've reached out to them and we will get it sorted soon.

• Information