Security plectrum?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2020

When I started playing the guitar many moons ago I always had a plectrum for banging on the strings. Always had a plectrum in my pocket. Never left home without one. Actually sometimes had panic when I didn't have the security of knowing I was full equipped. Somewhere in the last 5 or 6 years or so however that changed. I'm not sure when it happened or why but it did but now I don't even feel the inclination to use one. I can tell you that in my 35 years I've had many sessions which have ended with blood and skin on the strings. I just thought about it now and thought I'd share. Thanks for reading.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

27 Oct 2020

interesting--for me, knowing I could trash out some garbage licks at a moment's notice, I'd be more likely to call it an insecurity plectrum. :lol:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Fotu

27 Oct 2020

I carried a pick in my pocket for about a decade in my 20s when entering the corporate world; some kind of quiet rebellion and id assertation, I think.

selig
RE Developer

27 Oct 2020

I used to carry a drum key on my key chain for years - is that the same thing?!? ;)
(i've seen guitar picks on key chains too, something to consider if you ever feel insecure)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information