Behringer 2600

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

Post 21 Oct 2020

Please SEE: Now that the 2600 is shipping from our factory, how many of you would be interested in a dedicated keyboard similar to the ARP2600 keyboard below? Or would you be happy to connect it to a normal MIDI controller?
Love to have your opinion:-)

Behringers ARP 2600
Coming Soon.... $599

DEMO VID: (Added Features - like another LFO!)

Features:

Authentic reproduction of original “Arp* 2600” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
Semi-modular architecture requires no patching for immediate performance
3 VCOs, each with LFO mode, FM inputs, and multiple wave-shape outputs for an awe-inspiring palette of tonal possibilities
Multi-mode VCF with dedicated low-pass output with additional switched high/notch output
Incredible range of modules including ring modulator, lag processor, sample & hold, Schmitt trigger and envelope follower
ADSR and AR Envelope generators with switchable time factor
Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects
Noise Generator with continuously variable colour
2 dedicated LFOs with pulse and sine wave outputs
Switched Post Filter Distortion (PFD) / Inverter option on voltage processor
Differential (+/-) input VCA with both linear and exponential control inputs
Additional functions include attenuator, mixer, inverter, slew rate limiter and 4-way multiple for creative patching flexibility
External audio input for processing external sound sources
58 Faders and 15 buttons give you hands-on direct and real time access to all parameters
83 Patch cable input / outputs for the ultimate in configuration flexibility
Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection

danc

Post 21 Oct 2020

I will be buying a 2600 in Q1-2021. It's a delayed purchase for me due to allocating "having fun" funds, plus in recent weeks I just added Korg Minilogue XD, Behringer Neutron and Arturia Keystep Pro to my studio. So, I need to make the most of those before adding further... but my Keystep Pro told me this morning that it's in love with the 2600 and so I have to listen and take action.

Plus - no doubt there will be a world drought on 2600's. The wait could be long. And... I have got my eye on ASM Hydrasynth and Super 6 and MatrixBrute and Summit. Far too many cool toys arriving all at once.
300+ original grooving Techno, Tech-House, House, Drum-and-Bass tracks on SoundCloud.
Produced in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).

kinkujin

Post 21 Oct 2020

The pace of great releases is astounding. I'd rather have the Korg version, but I won't get either though. Like danc above, too many cool toys. Just got the Modal Argon 8M and am waiting for the Microfreak. I've got my hands full for the next year.

PS - I do agree with the led complaint I've seen other places but don't think that would push me away if I wanted the Beri 2600.

O1B

Post 21 Oct 2020

Faastwalker

Post 21 Oct 2020

Nice. It's a tempting prospect.

Boombastix

Post 21 Oct 2020

Probably beats a Mini Moog for phatness, but the tiny faders and no keyboard puts it behind a MS-20 IMO, the point of an analog in this day and age is live performance and access to knobs while playing, and just record audio bits into the DAW.

Sure you can sequence stuff and then work the sliders and record the audio, but that will be more of an electronica performance and less of funking around. Still have a place though... Price is nice too, compared to overpriced old stuff.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Creativemind

Post 21 Oct 2020

O1B wrote:
21 Oct 2020
Behringer 2600

First UP: Thomann

https://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_260 ... &affid=175#
Beautiful. This and the Behringer Mono/Poly to go with my MS-1 And Nava 909 that's coming would be amazing. Oh and a TD-3 and Prophet 10. Laughing.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.17 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

O1B

Post 28 Oct 2020

From the Comments:
His "analysis of the BASS" of the KArp is OFF. ...Keyboard Tracking... :redface:

Also, no sound card. Just room recording.
But, the Behr 2600 sounds Great to me!

Re8et

Post 03 Nov 2020

I have seen some german clones on ebay for less than 1000 that looks and sounds awesome, with top class capacitors, keyboard included.
If this thing will cost less than 1000 I'll have a very hard time not going full throttle.
Does anyone knows if there will be presets saving or digital normalling of sorts?

O1B

Post 10 Nov 2020

fieldframe

Post 10 Nov 2020

Has Behringer said what the colors of the LEDs represent? I can’t make out any pattern to them.
The Iron Law of Reason forums: All topics eventually turn into feature request threads; the only difference is how many posts it takes.

Looking for UI design? DM me for a portfolio.

• Information