Latency + windows solved.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
montfrooij

03 Sep 2020

I know there is a lot going on when it concerns latency and I finally have found a solution that is working for me.

Buy a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB audio interface to replace my Roland Rubix 24.
It is an expensive solution, but I now have latency that is not noticable.
(my guess is that the 2 version also will do the trick, but the Scarlett did not, I tried that one too)

Especially when I was monitoring incoming audio via Reason I had a lot of latency on my Roland Rubix.
That is totally gone now and I can use the Reason monitor with effects applied and the audio is on time with the direct monitor mix.

I will do some more testing later and report my findings if they are any different from now, but I wanted to share my initial enthusiasm already since it was a long journey for me!

I am on a Windows 10 machine, running Reason 10
It is a Dell inspiron laptop 15-7577 (default hardware)
I switched between the Rubix and the Clarett and noticed zero latency on short attack sounds.
So nice!

sublunar

03 Sep 2020

Yep. A good audio interface should be your first real investment after you have Reason and a decent computer. I had zero noticeable latency in XP with a Delta 1010LT. I have zero noticeable latency in Win 7 with an M-Track Eight.

fullforce

09 Sep 2020

What was so bad about the Rubix?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

montfrooij

09 Sep 2020

fullforce wrote:
09 Sep 2020
What was so bad about the Rubix?
Incoming audio had a lot of latency. It was too much to use the Reason monitor signal (and I had to rely on the dry direct monitor mix).
Plus the phantom powered signal was noisy.

I could live with both, but I needed more inputs so found a good reason to invest in something with close to zero latency (also for incoming audio)

But otherwise, I would have kept it.
It is (especially for the price) a nice interface!

fullforce

10 Sep 2020

montfrooij wrote:
09 Sep 2020
But otherwise, I would have kept it.
It is (especially for the price) a nice interface!
Yeah, I was maybe going for one but after reading this I might spend a bit more on something better.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information