Problem recognizing Panorama P1

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
trudge

30 Aug 2020

Hi-I'm hoping someone can help with the problem I am having. I just bought a P1 to replace a P6 for space reasons. I ran the installer and updated the firmware. However, when I run the Auto Detect for control surfaces in Reason (I've tried it in both version 10 and 11) it only recognizes the mixer mode of the P1 and not the P1 itself. I am getting this error message when it is done auto detecting: Auto Detection Errors:Nektar, PanoramaP1, LUA Error: [string "PanoramaP1.lua"]:6049: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'i' (a nil value)

I have also tried manually adding the P1 and I am getting this error message-Nektar, PanoramaP1. MIDI output: remote_deliver_midi(): function must return a table.

Has anyone had this same problem and if so did you find a fix? Thanks for any help on this.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2020

trudge wrote:
30 Aug 2020
Hi-I'm hoping someone can help with the problem I am having. I just bought a P1 to replace a P6 for space reasons. I ran the installer and updated the firmware. However, when I run the Auto Detect for control surfaces in Reason (I've tried it in both version 10 and 11) it only recognizes the mixer mode of the P1 and not the P1 itself. I am getting this error message when it is done auto detecting: Auto Detection Errors:Nektar, PanoramaP1, LUA Error: [string "PanoramaP1.lua"]:6049: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'i' (a nil value)

I have also tried manually adding the P1 and I am getting this error message-Nektar, PanoramaP1. MIDI output: remote_deliver_midi(): function must return a table.

Has anyone had this same problem and if so did you find a fix? Thanks for any help on this.
From installing a T4 I know that you have to go in on Reason’s preferences and do a whole bunch of stuff then save a default song in order to save the mappings.
Did you read the .pdf for setting up the P1 as a controller in Reason?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

trudge

30 Aug 2020

I am still getting error messages trying to add it manually. I did find a partial solution on a Nektar forum. Guy had the same problem after using the newer Reason Integration install. He just installed the P1 install.exe and not the Reason Integration and it auto detected both the mixer mode and the P1. This worked for me also but it does not map any of the "new" instruments like Europa, Grain etc. which is a pain. I contacted Nektar so hopefully they will let me know what to do with the latest Reason Integration update.

bassmothership

07 Jan 2021

trudge wrote:
30 Aug 2020
I am still getting error messages trying to add it manually. I did find a partial solution on a Nektar forum. Guy had the same problem after using the newer Reason Integration install. He just installed the P1 install.exe and not the Reason Integration and it auto detected both the mixer mode and the P1. This worked for me also but it does not map any of the "new" instruments like Europa, Grain etc. which is a pain. I contacted Nektar so hopefully they will let me know what to do with the latest Reason Integration update.
Have you found the solution?

I've just got a P1 now and have the same:
"Auto Detection Errors:
Nektar, PanoramaP1, LUA Error: [string "PanoramaP1.lua"]:6049: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'i' (a nil value)" error message.

Mine also doesnt lock to surface. After I set it as Master Section and close Surface locking box, it keeps changing back to my Akai mpd 218, which is the first in the list in Control surfaces box.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2021

This will probably answer your question.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521062

Just scroll down to find the links to the installation guide and also how to save the settings for the P1 in Reason.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information