Building a new PC - please comment...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
michal22

12 Aug 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
11 Aug 2020
I'd consider an ati/amd video card rather than Nvidia for daw use. There's lots of anecdotal evidence around the forums that Nvidias bloated drivers can impact audio stability.
Unfortunately, I did not know about it. :shock: Fortunately, I have no problems so far. :roll:
My sound card is Roland QuadCapture. Currently, this card does not require any external drivers to be installed. Just plug into a USB port and Windows will do the rest.
Graphics Card was chosen for the silence when it is not heavily exploited. Windmills stand in place and then not coming out any noise. Just like a passive card.
The motherboard also stops the fan on the chipset when the temperature is below a certain threshold. It makes it quiet.
The motherboard also has a strong power supply section and feels solid. It also has a built-in monitor that constantly displays the temperature of the processor. That's why I have a housing with a window to be able to peek there. :puf_smile:
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

ohmygoff

12 Aug 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
11 Aug 2020
I'd consider an ati/amd video card rather than Nvidia for daw use. There's lots of anecdotal evidence around the forums that Nvidias bloated drivers can impact audio stability.
I'll look into that, thanks.

fullforce

13 Aug 2020

ohmygoff wrote:
11 Aug 2020
fullforce wrote:
11 Aug 2020
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
Looks promising, maybe I'll have to change my list...
The cool thing about the B550 chipset is that it's ready for the next gen Ryzens that come out later this year. So I just stuck in a cheap midrange for now (which is already a pretty bad ass CPU in itself) and I'm gonna upgrade it to a total beast later.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• Information