Harrison Mixbus 6

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mr. Watts

24 May 2020

Anyone here mixing in Mixbus 6? Thinking of picking up their current offer of Mixbus 6 & 6 plug-ins for $69 but can’t decide if it’s worth learning a new program to mix in. Obviously Reason has its drawbacks when it comes to mixing so it would be nice to find a good and cheap alternative. I’m in the middle of moving so I’m unable to demo right now so if you happen to have any experience with it please share. Thanks!

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

I have tried Mixbus several times incl the latest version a few days ago.

It does sound nice but honestly, it is a total PITA for workflow compared to Reason. If you love Raper's* workflow then you may like Mixbus but if you love how easy & open everything in Reason is, you'll possibly be like me and last about 1 hr (45 mins of which was politeness).

In terms of sound, there is nothing you can't achieve in Reason that Mixbus does preset.

I don't see how you see Reason having drawbacks for mixing - happy to hear your logic there. I find Reason a joy compared to everything else. You can see me bouncing around happy as a clam in these Mix Walkthrough vids.

:-)

*oops missed an "e"
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information