SSL 2 Soundcard

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Le Boeuf

07 May 2020

Hi !

So i just bought the SSL 2 Audio interface.
And the sound quality is really good !
However im wondering why i get no sounds whenever i change the sample rate from 48khz to 44.1 kHz or actually just anything else than 48 kHz directly in windows without any daw open?.

Anybody else had this experience?

I came from an NI Audio 2, which i had absolutely no problems with other than the headphone out and monitor out didnt have the quality i was looking for.

The SSL 2 also seem a lot harder on the cpu at same equal buffer sizes to my old NI Audio 2 when working in Reason using Asio drivers.

aeox
Competition Winner

07 May 2020

Le Boeuf wrote:
07 May 2020
Hi !

However im wondering why i get no sounds whenever i change the sample rate from 48khz to 44.1 kHz or actually just anything else than 48 kHz directly in windows without any daw open?.

I came from an NI Audio 2, which i had absolutely no problems with other than the headphone out and monitor out didnt have the quality i was looking for.

The SSL 2 also seem a lot harder on the cpu at same equal buffer sizes to my old NI Audio 2 when working in Reason using Asio drivers.

Try this:

Search "sound" in the windows search bar. Find the app called "Sound" and open.

Under the playback tab click your default device and go to properties.

Now go to "Advanced" tab

Change the default format to 44.1 (16 or 24 bit)

Le Boeuf

07 May 2020

Thanks.
That’s what I’m doing but also what doesn’t work. If I choose anything else than 24 bit 48000hz it results in no sound :(

aeox wrote:
07 May 2020
Le Boeuf wrote:
07 May 2020
Hi !

Try this:

Now go to "Advanced" tab

aeox
Competition Winner

07 May 2020

Le Boeuf wrote:
07 May 2020
Thanks.
That’s what I’m doing but also what doesn’t work. If I choose anything else than 24 bit 48000hz it results in no sound :(

aeox wrote:
07 May 2020

Try this:

Now go to "Advanced" tab

So if you have it set to 44.1 in the DAW and in sound settings it still doesn't work?

My interface has it's own control panel. Does yours? I'm sure you've already been through this but just being safe to ask. There could be settings in said control panel that you need to switch as well.

gullum

13 May 2020

I have a mac and I set it to 44.1 in Reason and it stays put on 44.1 and have sound the whole time.
But just found out I need i'lock to use the plugins vocal and drums stripe so the are a no go for now

joeyluck

13 May 2020

gullum wrote:
13 May 2020
I have a mac and I set it to 44.1 in Reason and it stays put on 44.1 and have sound the whole time.
But just found out I need i'lock to use the plugins vocal and drums stripe so the are a no go for now
Do they allow iLok computer authorization?

gullum

13 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2020
gullum wrote:
13 May 2020
Do they allow iLok computer authorization?
it says
Open iLok License Manager and authorise your SSL Native Plug-in licenses onto your computer or physical iLok

so yes it does

• Information