Using push 2 with Ableton and Reason, but there’s a problem

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Ozirohc

05 May 2020

I can’t seem to control Reason rack devices with Push. Push controls everything in Ableton just fine, and it plays they keys/pads for a Reason rack device fine, but I have no control over any Lfos, waves, filters,etc. All of that stuff has to be done with the mouse.
When I use Push with just Reason alone, it controls all those parameters but not when using Ableton and Reason together. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sterioevo

05 May 2020

The Push implementation developed by Ableton is not natively supported by Reason. If you want midi control over parameters you need to enter the User mode on the push.

http://www.retouchcontrol.com/ Provide a integrated solution that is the closest thing.

Ableton and Push is the best hardware/software integration I have used. Using the RRP VST in Ableton is the most effective way to take advantage of this imo.

PhillipOrdonez

05 May 2020

OP, listen to Sterioevo. He is always right when it comes to hardware stuff.

Sterioevo, does using the retouch control thing work for the RRP within Ableton though? I imagine if OP wants to use push with RRP they'd need to manually midi map every parameter for each instance of RRP? Do enlighten us with your wisdom! :)

Sterioevo

05 May 2020

Yes you need to "configure" the parameters you want to control before they appear on the Push. There is a method to auto populate up to 128 parameters but can be a bit confusing due to the naming of parameters in Ableton.

Pusher is the best solution if you need this type of mapping imo - it does rely on the particular device's Remotemap being supported. Pusher uses the user port so you can use with Reason and Ableton at the same time.

visheshl

06 May 2020

Hmm im facing the same problem, i bought touchable pro, but i cant control RRP unless i manually map reason controls, ableton and reason studios should work together to sort this out and make a midi solution which enables controlling all RRP parameters

Sterioevo

06 May 2020

As mentioned, Pusher is the only Push integrated automapping solution "out of the box" that I am aware of. There will always be a bit of catching up in terms of support for RE's as new mappings need to be updated into the Remote map. This is not an insurmountable challenge though, and the end user can do this, it is a slippery slope though.

PhillipOrdonez

06 May 2020

But, I repeat my question: pusheR does not map the reason rack plugin, correct? It is meant to use Reason standalone with push, right? I'm sorry I'm asking again, but I wasn't clear, or I'm not understanding correctly, Sterioevo.

Sterioevo

06 May 2020

Ahh ok, sorry my misunderstanding. No Pusher does not map RRP, it is for Reason stand alone.

Ozirohc

06 May 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
06 May 2020
Ahh ok, sorry my misunderstanding. No Pusher does not map RRP, it is for Reason stand alone.
Well that stinks. Would be awesome if it could. I tried using my Nektar P1 but that only seems to work as stand alone as well. Thanks for your time.

• Information