Akai MPC Live / One / X: new 2.8 firmware incoming!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

05 May 2020

Saw this today - looks like it's releasing on May 14. Brings some long awaited features to our standalone MPC's!
With MIDI Multi support for class compliant USB MIDI hubs, control up to 32 individual devices right from MPC! Additional workflow enhancements include: Multi Track Record Arm, custom chord progression export right from MPC standalone, and retrospective record.

https://www.akaipro.com/akai-mpc-v2-8-i ... capability

akai-mpc-2_8-hp-bnrK.jpg
akai-mpc-2_8-hp-bnrK.jpg (145.2 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

TubeDigga does a great demo on the current gen MPC Live:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

05 May 2020

Another in-depth on the One:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jackjackdaw

05 May 2020

Just got this in my inbox. The multi midi is late but a total game changer! I have been loosely assembling ideas in MPC software, umming and ahhing about if MPC hardware would be a good investment for me, this could be what decides it. The copying pads thing is a small addition that will make a big difference as well. Looks like a solid update. I didn't catch the mention of the date but perhaps they will drop the Live mk 2 on the same day?

EnochLight

05 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
05 May 2020
Just got this in my inbox. The multi midi is late but a total game changer! I have been loosely assembling ideas in MPC software, umming and ahhing about if MPC hardware would be a good investment for me, this could be what decides it. The copying pads thing is a small addition that will make a big difference as well. Looks like a solid update. I didn't catch the mention of the date but perhaps they will drop the Live mk 2 on the same day?
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this one (even though they didn't release the new standalone plugins that have been teased).

EnochLight

07 May 2020

So another feature in 2.8 that is just absolutely bad ass (and something I wish Reason DAW proper would add, since Live has this) is "Retro Recording". Basically all events are recorded as MIDI, even when you don't have Record enabled on your transport. So if you're tooling around and realize -"hey - that was really nice, I wish I would have recorded that!" you can automatically send it all to your timeline as MIDI events. SWEET!!!!

Jackjackdaw

07 May 2020

I caught that. I love this feature. I've used it in Live and Cubase. Ive read people dismissing it but it opens up a much freer workflow for writing and sound design. It especially suits the MPC environment which is based around jamming stuff out on the pads.

EnochLight

09 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
07 May 2020
I caught that. I love this feature. I've used it in Live and Cubase. Ive read people dismissing it but it opens up a much freer workflow for writing and sound design. It especially suits the MPC environment which is based around jamming stuff out on the pads.
Ohhh damn!!!!!

This was posted on Facebook by early beta tester Corey Jones - the new 2.8 firmware introduces the "Pro Ten" algorithm from the Force to the MPC, which sounds leagues better than the stock MPC audio warp in standalone. Check it out:

botnotbot

09 May 2020

I'm hoping that the delay in the release of the next Force firmware is related to integrated all this awesome MIDI goodness! Always a relief to see a new firmware roll out of the LOUD conglomerate (or whatever they are called these days?), even if it's not for one of the products I currently own.

EnochLight

10 May 2020

I can definitely hear a difference when he demos the pitch change using the new "Pro Ten" algo as well. It's not huge, but it's a noticeable improvement in quality over the current stock MPC audio warp:

EnochLight

11 May 2020

Slightly related, here comes the new MPC Live II:

• Information