My Speaker Died

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pushedbutton

28 Apr 2020

RIP to my Fostex PM0.5 It has served me well and I'll miss it.

I don't know if I'll be able to get it repaired, especially with the world in lockdown and there's a big scary warning on the back saying risk of shock so I'll probably give that a miss.

So what's troubling me is where do i go from here? They don't make them any more so replacing just one isn't likely to be an option - unless one of you guys happen to have one knocking around?

It's looking like I'll be in the market for a new pair of monitors and hoping that I'll be able to get used to them.

I'm open to suggestions but my wallet isn't as enthusiastic about it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

pushedbutton

29 Apr 2020

Update: I got a pair of pm0.5mkii's on eBay.
Hopefully there won't be much difference in the sound. I've also got a friend who said he'd take a look at the broken speaker soon so hopefully I'll be able to recoup some of the cost.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

demt

04 May 2020

id definatly want a sub bass for those, but i say that to every small /midrange speaker,mono prefeablly due to phase issues a low pitches
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information