Elektron M:Samples vs Drum Seq player

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jackjackdaw

10 Apr 2020

Does anyone own a Model Samples? Could you tell me, does the sequencer let you set probability per step like Drum Sequencer in Reason does?

Libraquaricorn

10 Apr 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
10 Apr 2020
Does anyone own a Model Samples? Could you tell me, does the sequencer let you set probability per step like Drum Sequencer in Reason does?
Yes, it does let you do that. It's called "conditional locks" and gives you a variety of conditions you can set for a step, including probability. I've never used it, because it's so easy to just use the chance knob and set the probability for an entire track instead.

Jackjackdaw

10 Apr 2020

That's cool, thanks! I can do the whole track probability with the beatstep pro. I would like more control though. I would also like audio over usb though but the Digitakt is expensive!

PhillipOrdonez

10 Apr 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
10 Apr 2020
That's cool, thanks! I can do the whole track probability with the beatstep pro. I would like more control though. I would also like audio over usb though but the Digitakt is expensive!
I seldom use chance per step. I very much prefer setting the 1/2 2/2 1/3 2/3 3/3 parameters. Chance alone doesn't do it for me. I like having more control!!!

Don't have a M:S but I imagine is the same as on the Digi :)

• Information