Dynamic Control in Modular: Eurorack/Hardware Modules

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2020

Cwejman AP-1 MK2 Pre-amp/Compressor and VC-SC Stereo Compressor

AP-1 MK2
Incredibly clean Gain. 60 dB worth.
Guitar/Mic/Modular/Hardware Booster.
Saturates beautifully. Broadcast depth. Opto compression.
:"The Opto Compressor is build around an opto-electric device and low noise /high speed gain booster (pro-audio, j-fet op-amp for both instrument amplifier and compressor). "
ENV and GATE CV out - very useful

VC-SC - STEREO
Proper Metering - Gain Reduction and STEREO Out.
Proper control over Input Gain ( metering/Gain Reduction - even when Input Gain is turned down.)
Responsive Attack and Release with CV over most - including Make Up Gain, Attack and Release.
IMG_0534.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 26 Mar 2020

Cwejman AP-1 MK2 Audio Preamp/Professor
Image


Cwejman VC-SC Stereo Compressor
]Image

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 28 Mar 2020

Gemini's Path

Compression MODE


"The Gemini's Path consists of two analog VCAs controlled by a handy modulation source which can take the shape of an expander, an intuitive compressor-like device, offer different panning solutions, and more! ...the Gemini's Path extracts triggers from any CV or audio signal source and reacts to transients, allowing for quick reactivity in dynamic contexts."

A trigger extractor composed of a full wave rectifier, an envelope follower & a trigger detector. ...The Threshold potentiometer [E] sets the detection level of the trigger detector. The Threshold LED [E] indicates when a trigger is detected.

A Modulation Source : receiving the incoming trigger from the precedent section, the modulation source generates envelopes, LFOs or random signals, and drives the VCAs control input. Each channel amplitude is shown by its activity LED

Image

MODES: (1) EXPANDER, (2) PUMP, (3) LFO and (4) Random PANNING

OTHER MODES: (1) Hold EXPANDER, (2) Animated PUMP, (3) AUTO PAN and (4) GRANUALIZER

VCA MODE: Standard AMP and PAN

Stereo Audio inputs
Stereo Audio outputs
External input
Time CV input Depth CV input Time potentiometer Time+ button & LED
Depth potentiometer Mode button & LEDs
Threshold potentiometer & trigger detection LED
Control assign button & LEDs Activity LEDs

https://matttechmodular.co.uk/product/geminis-path/

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 17 Apr 2020

WMD Compressor

- Get two for Stereo - [Keep them 'Un-linked]
- INPUT and OUTPUT Gain
- INPUT and OUTPUT Saturation
- Clever use of LCDs to show Threshold, IN/OUT Peaks, and Compression.
- FULL 'typical' compression parameters
- EXPANSION
- DRY/WET
- Full CV

WMD: https://wmdevices.com/products/compressor
Manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0977/ ... 8432742312



Image

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 01 May 2020

2hp Comp

Compressor with side chain functionality.

Threshold, Ratio, Attack Release.
I didn't notice a Bypass or Threshold/Gain Reduction indicator

ETA: May 2020 ...https://www.twohp.com/coming-soon

Nice Lunchbox
Image

Image

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 8826
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 01 May 2020

Some amazing options there, interesting to see so many compressors on the market these days (and with tons of cool features too). Makes me wonder if a hardware version of my Leveler would be of any interest in the modular world?
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2020

:shock: Are you kidding me?! :shock:

My modular EQs and ENV followers are leagues more dynamic than any rack mount gear of the same flavor, imo.
ENV Followers over COMPRESSORS, is my approach.

Selig Leveller... YES, PLEASE!
Image

And, Selig GAIN - That would be a killer Panner, Preamp, MONOizer module...
Image

I don't see why we'd leave the Deesser out either. Very useful, if you're into KNOWING your RESONANCES, as I am/
Image

... now, how do we BlackBox this thing...? Let me know when Pre-Ordering is OPEN.
Image

Don't forget the back, though...
Image

Selig, I really think you should give it a shot. I believe in you.
selig wrote:
01 May 2020
Some amazing options there, interesting to see so many compressors on the market these days (and with tons of cool features too). Makes me wonder if a hardware version of my Leveler would be of any interest in the modular world?

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 8826
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 28 May 2020

I have a friend who builds stuff, and was thinking to ask him about building a 500 series Leveler. But Eurorack, who knows - could be even easier to get up and running…I've moved out of town recently and finally have the space for a decent work bench, now if I can just remember how to solder ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2020

Congrats on the Move. I wish you Greens, and Reds, and Yellows, and Purples in your new surroundings. It’s what I’d give up the city for.

That, and the SPACE for soldering. I would absolutely buy a Lunchbox of Selig, btw.

This Is no brag nor boast. Your stuff is stellar and would be the bees knees in hardware. So.... get on it, PLEASE!!! I’m your #1 fan. In this new time, I say.... Go for it! That would be Bonus to add to your Legacy :thumbs_up:

Thank you, and have a nice day!
selig wrote:
28 May 2020
I have a friend who builds stuff, and was thinking to ask him about building a 500 series Leveler. But Eurorack, who knows - could be even easier to get up and running…I've moved out of town recently and finally have the space for a decent work bench, now if I can just remember how to solder ;)

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jun 2020

L-1 Stereo MID/SIDE Compressor

Dual Compressor optimized for Midside compression
Midside/Stereo/Dual Mono operation
HP/LP 6db/oct filter on each side with CV over cutoff frequency

Nice... still a Prototype, but . yes, please.

Image

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 8826
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 09 Jun 2020

O1B wrote:
09 Jun 2020
L-1 Stereo MID/SIDE Compressor

Dual Compressor optimized for Midside compression
Midside/Stereo/Dual Mono operation
HP/LP 6db/oct filter on each side with CV over cutoff frequency

Nice... still a Prototype, but . yes, please.

Image
That's pretty impressive - when is it due out?
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 10 Jun 2020

Hello Selig,

I’ll emailed him. This is pretty impressive. I’ll report back.
Truth be told, I didnt want to advertise it.... cause I wanted to be the first one with it :redface:

He’s a Great Guy. From my past correspondences, he’s committed to his craft, like some midieval martial arts Master. I think you two should make contact. He might have some Gems for you in your Euro-Building Quest. I’m patiently waiting for Selig Modular.

If you hear before me, please Post.
M/S or Independent L/R.... ? Priceless.
selig wrote:
09 Jun 2020
O1B wrote:
09 Jun 2020
L-1 Stereo MID/SIDE Compressor

Dual Compressor optimized for Midside compression
Midside/Stereo/Dual Mono operation
HP/LP 6db/oct filter on each side with CV over cutoff frequency

Nice... still a Prototype, but . yes, please.

Image
That's pretty impressive - when is it due out?

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 8826
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 10 Jun 2020

O1B wrote:
10 Jun 2020
Hello Selig,

I’ll emailed him. This is pretty impressive. I’ll report back.
Truth be told, I didnt want to advertise it.... cause I wanted to be the first one with it :redface:

He’s a Great Guy. From my past correspondences, he’s committed to his craft, like some midieval martial arts Master. I think you two should make contact. He might have some Gems for you in your Euro-Building Quest. I’m patiently waiting for Selig Modular.

If you hear before me, please Post.
M/S or Independent L/R.... ? Priceless.
And a wet/dry, side chain, stereo/dual mono, peak/RMS, auto/variable time constants, built in LP/HP filters, plus CV for EVERYTHING including an envelope out. Damn, if this sounds any good at all I'm all in, the feature list is exactly EVERYTHING I'd want from a Eurorack compressor. There are things you can do by using one compressor to control the other that I've only ever done with software…hmmmmm!
Wondering what the FM CV input is for? [EDIT: it's for the filter frequency modulation - so COOL!]
L-1 has some other interesting modules too…
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jul 2020

L-1 Stereo MID/SIDE Compressor - Now shipping, Selig.

It may take a while to get it through Perfect Circuit and the like - so says Aleksi
Best to deal direct from B-B-Belarus!

Ill post pics the they arrive!

There's also the ACL mid-side... cheaper... and bring your own Comp..
O1B-ACL-MS1.JPG
selig wrote:
10 Jun 2020
O1B wrote:
10 Jun 2020
Hello Selig,

I’ll emailed him. This is pretty impressive. I’ll report back.
Truth be told, I didnt want to advertise it.... cause I wanted to be the first one with it :redface:

He’s a Great Guy. From my past correspondences, he’s committed to his craft, like some midieval martial arts Master. I think you two should make contact. He might have some Gems for you in your Euro-Building Quest. I’m patiently waiting for Selig Modular.

If you hear before me, please Post.
M/S or Independent L/R.... ? Priceless.
And a wet/dry, side chain, stereo/dual mono, peak/RMS, auto/variable time constants, built in LP/HP filters, plus CV for EVERYTHING including an envelope out. Damn, if this sounds any good at all I'm all in, the feature list is exactly EVERYTHING I'd want from a Eurorack compressor. There are things you can do by using one compressor to control the other that I've only ever done with software…hmmmmm!
Wondering what the FM CV input is for? [EDIT: it's for the filter frequency modulation - so COOL!]
L-1 has some other interesting modules too…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 8826
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 20 Jul 2020

Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger rack…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2020

Im enjoying an MMG into Shelves on into a 2nd MMG - with modulation provided by a Modcan QuadLFO. :puf_smile: :puf_smile:

By Thursday, Ill wire one of these up! :puf_smile: :puf_smile: and report back.

4MS Listen into L-1 Quad Resonant Filter into L-1 Mid Side'll probably be the chain.
O1B-L-1-MS1.png
selig wrote:
20 Jul 2020
Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger rack…
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1907
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 09 Oct 2020

DUAL ENVELOPE GENERATOR MODULE 1033

An authentic reproduction of the original “System 2500” circuitry from the 70’s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case.

Image

~$100
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E92
Image

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest