M Audio Oxygen 25 and Reason 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Skimrok

27 Feb 2020

Hi

I been picking up varies keyboards recently and have a question on this one , when Reason auto detects keyboard the keys are working and pitch and mod wheels (cool) and the transport panel ie record and play buttons works (cool)

But what I really want to work is the square pads In Kong or VSTs like my Novation launchkey 25 does in Reason

It’s the the 4th Gen IV M Audio keyboard

I hope this can be done because I really like the size of the drum pads over the novation launchkey 25 I have

It’s strange because for example
In Kong
K-Board Pad 1 works in Kong
Pad 2 goes to 3 in Kong
Pad 3 goes to 7 in Kong
Pad 4 to 11 in Kong
Pad 5 to 15 in Kong
Pad 6 to 10 in Kong
Pad 7 to 16 in Kong
Pad 8 to 14 in Kong

——

10.4 is the Reason I have

Thanks in advance
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

AFAICR, they the pads can be reprogrammed to send whatever notes you like and saved as a preset. There are also at least 10 factory presets to choose from, some of which may already do what you want.

Skimrok

27 Feb 2020

just gone to the website and no info on Reason , Cubase Abelton etc it has
Support Links

Oxygen (MKIV) Series DirectLink
Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Setup In Pro Tools
Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Setup in Ableton Live
Oxygen (MKIV) Series - DirectLink Setup for Cubase

Why no love for reason :oops: :cry: passed the buck over to Reason , I don't even know where to start

https://m-audio.com/kb/article/1688
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

I was wrong about programming the pads, they cannot be reprogrammed on Oxygen MKIV, only shifted all together by an octave. I have Axiom MKII where it works.

I've read it in the User Manual, which I downloaded here: https://m-audio.com/support/documents-search

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

One thing I forgot, You can try to cycle through the 10 presets as described in the manual to see if any of them have diiferent mapping of pads.

Skimrok

27 Feb 2020

thank you ;)

ok if I read this right the pads are c10 only , when you say presets? how do I find them? sorry im making a meal out of this :oops:

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

Skimrok wrote:
27 Feb 2020
thank you ;)

ok if I read this right the pads are c10 only , when you say presets? how do I find them? sorry im making a meal out of this :oops:
Channel 10 doesn't matter at all as Reason ignores channels. Presets are nonvolatile banks in the keyboard to keep the settings of everything. There are 10 of them, only one is active at any time. They can be switched between with < > buttons, not yet sure how, need experimenting. I only know that DirectLink should be off, i.e. Reason should not be running atm.

Skimrok

27 Feb 2020

This is a experience that’s for sure :) I can’t seem to work it out my side either he!he! M Audio Reason Studio what you doing to us, the keyboard been out years as well as Reason 10 has been , wakey wakey rise and shine :)

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

Skimrok wrote:
27 Feb 2020
This is a experience that’s for sure :) I can’t seem to work it out my side either he!he! M Audio Reason Studio what you doing to us, the keyboard been out years as well as Reason 10 has been , wakey wakey rise and shine :)
I've just read the manual more carefully. I guess the SELECT button cycles through 3 LCD parameters: Global Channel, Program, and Preset. When you're at Preset, you can use the < > buttons to select preset number.

Skimrok

27 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
27 Feb 2020
Skimrok wrote:
27 Feb 2020
I've just read the manual more carefully. I guess the SELECT button cycles through 3 LCD parameters: Global Channel, Program, and Preset. When you're at Preset, you can use the < > buttons to select preset number.
Thanks once again. ;)
Ok the preset didn’t do anything to the pads I did p1 to p10, or do I need to make my own preset?

One thing I did note when pressing “shift” and “select” and the “octative” buttons + - did change the pads , so I think there is something here? So now I need to know how to do this individually assigned

Hope this info helps we maybe close to it

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Feb 2020

Skimrok wrote:
27 Feb 2020
orthodox wrote:
27 Feb 2020

Thanks once again. ;)
Ok the preset didn’t do anything to the pads I did p1 to p10, or do I need to make my own preset?

One thing I did note when pressing “shift” and “select” and the “octative” buttons + - did change the pads , so I think there is something here? So now I need to know how to do this individually assigned

Hope this info helps we maybe close to it
OK, now I am convinced that there is no way the pads could be reprogrammed on this model. Presets don't contain no settings for pads, the notes are hardwired. Maybe you find a Player device to translate them. Or remap Kong pads.

Skimrok

28 Feb 2020

No joy in the end but I did notice another keyboard shortly afterwards when I purchased this one so I either keep using my big Novation Launchkey 25 and when one comes up I grab that other one, Regarding the Novation Launchkey I did get it’s smaller mini size but I think I like big keys more, however if I really wanted too I could of made do. But being £££ friendly I don’t mind trying ones I fancy if it’s a go,I keep,if not I let them go again

I don’t really have a music shop near me and time I go to London etc to try them out it cost me more in fuel , the beauty of the internet I suppose :)

Thanks for your help I’m so grateful! ;) :thumbs_up:

Heigen5

28 Feb 2020

I have the same problem with my Oxygen 61. I posted the same thing here about 3 years ago. I called to M-audio and told about this issue - and I also opened a ticket to the Props too. The Props told it's up to M-audio and the M-audio told it's up to the Props to make the pads differently i.e. 1-8. This is still the case and it seems they don't care much enough to solve it.

Skimrok

29 Feb 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
28 Feb 2020
I have the same problem with my Oxygen 61. I posted the same thing here about 3 years ago. I called to M-audio and told about this issue - and I also opened a ticket to the Props too. The Props told it's up to M-audio and the M-audio told it's up to the Props to make the pads differently i.e. 1-8. This is still the case and it seems they don't care much enough to solve it.
interesting point, that's quite a shame really because the keyboard itself is actually really good for the money, the novation is slightly more sturdy built then the oxygen but the M Audio pads are nice and big and it would been great use for Reason Propellerhead Studio whatever the name will be in the future :D

orthodox
RE Developer

29 Feb 2020

I wonder why M-Audio stripped down the Oxygen firmware. I can understand cheap materials, mechanics, but firmware costs nothing for them. Axiom series don't have that problem.

Heigen5

03 Mar 2020

Skimrok wrote:
29 Feb 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
28 Feb 2020
interesting point, that's quite a shame really because the keyboard itself is actually really good for the money, the novation is slightly more sturdy built then the oxygen but the M Audio pads are nice and big and it would been great use for Reason Propellerhead Studio whatever the name will be in the future :D
This is exactly how I feel too.. Otherwise a very nice keyboard. It looks good - feels good and does everything one needs + doesn't cost too much either. I might try one more time to contact M-audio and the Props for this. :P

fullforce

05 Mar 2020

I have one of those too, and I was also very unpleasantly surprised to find out that you can't remap the pads. Never buying M-audio again.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

pushedbutton

05 Mar 2020

mine's in the bin.
couldn't bring myself to subject it on anyone else.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information