Steinberg CC121 with Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

16 Feb 2020

Anybody using the CC121 with Reason? I understand its focus is primarily Cubase, but when shopping for a single channel controller, it's hard to find something that incorporates most everything that I think is important for single channel controller. Of the included features of the CC121, I find the following the most important:
  • Motorized fader
  • EQ section with dedicated knobs
  • Assignable function keys
  • Transport controls
  • AI Knob with mouse hover to control (very handy feature to have)

There are other single channel controllers that offer a good amount, but other products like the X-Touch One and PreSonus Faderport, for instance, omit EQ sections and don't have something like the AI knob. The AI knob, particularly on a small controller is very handy because it can be used for anything without the need to map and remap controls (just hover your mouse).

The CC121 has been around for about 10 years I think. I'm surprised that there are less products like it. Again, those other controllers mostly focus on channel level and pan, and the rest is transport stuff. No focus on EQ. And not many controllers with something like the AI knob (we have a separate thread here for single knob solutions).

So how well does the CC121 work with Reason? Are there any other options out there that are similar within the same price range?

• Information