Features in other DAWs [Comparison]

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Creativemind

15 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Just fired up Reaper, and it appears that ReaScript is not even a factory option. I wanted to have a peep into how large/small their library was. Obviously no library, because no ReaScript.

I would say that whatever amazing stuff can be achieved (if you're a programmer!) with ReaScript is not to be considered a 'Feature'.

Do you agree ?x
Well the process of being able to do scripting would be classed as a feature wouldn't it?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Proboscis

15 Feb 2020

Creativemind wrote:
15 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Just fired up Reaper, and it appears that ReaScript is not even a factory option. I wanted to have a peep into how large/small their library was. Obviously no library, because no ReaScript.

I would say that whatever amazing stuff can be achieved (if you're a programmer!) with ReaScript is not to be considered a 'Feature'.

Do you agree ?x
Well the process of being able to do scripting would be classed as a feature wouldn't it?
Yes, you're right ! While the results of scripting cannot be stated as features in my opinion, the ability to do scripting is a feature. Will add to the next list update, since we've already identified three DAWs with the ability to do this.

And another big fat X against the secret column for that too.

• Information