Keyboard connectivity problem

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Smiggy

Post 07 Feb 2020

Hello

Just got a new PC (Windows 10) and I can't get it to talk to my keyboard.

It's a Novation Impulse 49 and it won't power up when connected. I've downloaded and installed what I think are the current drivers but no result at all.

Any suggestions welcomed.

pushedbutton

Post 07 Feb 2020

Is there any indication from windows that the keyboard has been plugged in?
1)a) try a different USB port
b) try something else in that port.
2) try a different USB cable
3) try your keyboard on a different PC
If the keyboard isn't even lighting up when it's plugged in it's likely that it's not getting power. It shouldn't take much to get some sort of sign of life.
If it is lighting up but not talking to the PC it's possible that it's a driver issue but from what you're describing it sounds like a connection isn't being made.

Edit: when I got a new build one of the pins were bent on the usb interface on the front panel, so it wasn't working properly. Try one of the usb ports on the back and if you feel confident check for any miss-seated cables in your tower.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Smiggy

Post 08 Feb 2020

Thanks, pushedbutton.

I've tried different cables and different ports to no avail and in despair I've got in touch with Novation. Still waiting a reply.

demt

Post 09 Feb 2020

dam
neutron; tb3; triggerfingerpro;3korg volca keys fm drums; kaos pad 3;zaquencer; akai mpk mini;2 zmx mixers; midiplus interface;16 channel behringer umc 1820 with ada8200 soundcard, arturia drumbrute.nektar p1,
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information