deLux' X-Touch Remote Script

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
DJMaytag

16 Apr 2020

fullforce wrote:
16 Apr 2020
That he can't test it doesn't mean it doesn't work. Duh.
It's a LOT harder to test software that works on hardware if you don't have the hardware. Each device has a different feature set, thus different coding requirements. I wouldn't necessarily want to code for hardware I couldn't immediately test before releasing the software/scripts.

fullforce

18 Apr 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
16 Apr 2020
fullforce wrote:
16 Apr 2020
That he can't test it doesn't mean it doesn't work. Duh.
It's a LOT harder to test software that works on hardware if you don't have the hardware. Each device has a different feature set, thus different coding requirements. I wouldn't necessarily want to code for hardware I couldn't immediately test before releasing the software/scripts.
Does not matter. It's a standalone device just like the regular X-Touch and it speaks the same language.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DJMaytag

18 Apr 2020

fullforce wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Does not matter. It's a standalone device just like the regular X-Touch and it speaks the same language.
They both speak MIDI, but their Sysex codes are VERY different.

Two different hardware synthesizers from the same manufacturer that might seem close in lineage (Juno-106 and Juno-1/2, for example), will have very different Sysex strings, and thus different coding needs. They won't be compatible, even though they both speak the same language (MIDI).

fullforce

24 Apr 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
18 Apr 2020
fullforce wrote:
18 Apr 2020
They both speak MIDI, but their Sysex codes are VERY different.

Two different hardware synthesizers from the same manufacturer that might seem close in lineage (Juno-106 and Juno-1/2, for example), will have very different Sysex strings, and thus different coding needs. They won't be compatible, even though they both speak the same language (MIDI).
Are you on crack? This is the same model. It's not a different type from the same brand.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

DJMaytag

24 Apr 2020

fullforce wrote:
24 Apr 2020
Are you on crack? This is the same model. It's not a different type from the same brand.
The X-Touch is the ONLY Behringer device that supports the XCTRL protocol, which is what is needed for use in Reason, as well as with Behringers X-series digital mixers (X32, X18 Air, etc).

An X-Touch Extender will NOT control any X-Series mixers, nor will the X-Touch One or X-Touch Compact. It appears as if they deliberately handicapped their gear so as to not compete with the flagship X32 (ie people getting an X32 Rack, an X-Touch, and an extender or two or three).

ReasonUser

06 Jul 2020

Well I finally got my xtouch but I’m having a problem. I’ve installed it exactly as described, and double checked all the file locations. But when I start Reason (v9), all I can control is the navigation/scrub/tempo/timecode. Everything else is off and non functioning. It’s all lit up and “Midi: not link” shows before starting reason. So it seems the remotemap file is not found. Again, I made sure of the remotemap file location... Any ideas?

DJMaytag

07 Jul 2020

ReasonUser wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Well I finally got my xtouch but I’m having a problem. I’ve installed it exactly as described, and double checked all the file locations. But when I start Reason (v9), all I can control is the navigation/scrub/tempo/timecode. Everything else is off and non functioning. It’s all lit up and “Midi: not link” shows before starting reason. So it seems the remotemap file is not found. Again, I made sure of the remotemap file location... Any ideas?
Is your X-Touch connected via USB or via two MIDI cables (in and out) to a MIDI interface? Did you set the X-Touch to XCTRL mode (see below)?
1. Press and hold the Channel 1 SELECT button while powering on the device.

2. Select the mode and connection type:
  • Rotate encoder 1 to select the operation mode.

Rotate encoder 2 to select the connection type (USB, MIDI, or Network).

(optional) Use encoders 3 to 7 for network setup.
3. Rotate encoder 8 to adjust the display contrast.

4. Press the Channel 1 SELECT button to save and continue.
I haven't tried the network mode yet. I do have an RTP-MIDI setup going with a pair of mio4's, one of which is connected to my X-Touch via MIDI cables.

ReasonUser

08 Jul 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
07 Jul 2020

Is your X-Touch connected via USB or via two MIDI cables (in and out) to a MIDI interface? Did you set the X-Touch to XCTRL mode (see below)?
I'm connected via MIDI in/out to usb interface (iconnectivity mio). The xtouch is in Xctl only mode. (Not Xctl/MC or XctlHUI, correct?) I even installed Reason 11 to see if it had something to do with that. Same result.. It's simply not finding the remotemap file. Just so I don't tear my hair out, can you confirm the path to the remotemap file on windows is *\Remote\DefaultMaps\Ben deLux\XTouch_deLux.remotemap ? So it's in the same location as all the others manufacturers, but in the directory called \Ben deLux\

How does Reason determine the location of the remotemap file? I was trying to see if one of the other files was pointing to wrong path. Thanks

DJMaytag

08 Jul 2020

ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
I'm connected via MIDI in/out to usb interface (iconnectivity mio).
That's half the battle. You might need to double check your Auracle/iConfig settings to make sure everything is routed properly to that correct mio MIDI DIN ports.

ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
The xtouch is in Xctl only mode. (Not Xctl/MC or XctlHUI, correct?)
The guide in the .rar file says:
  • Use the Encoders to set the Mode to “Xctl” and Ifc to “MIDI”.
    Hit the Select button of Channel 1 to save the settings and reboot.
I have had a minor issue with mine, so I need to go back and check the LFC setting.
ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
I even installed Reason 11 to see if it had something to do with that. Same result.. It's simply not finding the remotemap file. Just so I don't tear my hair out, can you confirm the path to the remotemap file on windows is *\Remote\DefaultMaps\Ben deLux\XTouch_deLux.remotemap ? So it's in the same location as all the others manufacturers, but in the directory called \Ben deLux\
Windows is C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote

I'm on macOS, but inside my remote folder are two folders, one for Codecs and one for Maps. Maps has a \Ben deLux\ folder (amongst other devs), and Codecs has Lua Codec & MIDI Codec folders. There should be a \Ben deLux\ folder inside the Lua Codec folder.
ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
How does Reason determine the location of the remotemap file? I was trying to see if one of the other files was pointing to wrong path. Thanks
Did you follow the guide for setting it up in the preferences pane inside Reason? I had to reconfigure my devices after switching to having my bio's connected via ethernet instead of direct connection over USB.

ReasonUser

08 Jul 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
08 Jul 2020

That's half the battle. You might need to double check your Auracle/iConfig settings to make sure everything is routed properly to that correct mio MIDI DIN ports.

The guide in the .rar file says:
  • Use the Encoders to set the Mode to “Xctl” and Ifc to “MIDI”.
    Hit the Select button of Channel 1 to save the settings and reboot.
I have had a minor issue with mine, so I need to go back and check the LFC setting.
Yes I've set the hardware up properly and followed the directions exactly per your guide.
DJMaytag wrote:
08 Jul 2020
Windows is C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote

I'm on macOS, but inside my remote folder are two folders, one for Codecs and one for Maps. Maps has a \Ben deLux\ folder (amongst other devs), and Codecs has Lua Codec & MIDI Codec folders. There should be a \Ben deLux\ folder inside the Lua Codec folder.
Yes, this is exactly as for windows. But actually the Reason 11 structure is slightly different. But the Reason 9 folders are exactly as you describe.
ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
DJMaytag wrote:
08 Jul 2020
Did you follow the guide for setting it up in the preferences pane inside Reason? I had to reconfigure my devices after switching to having my bio's connected via ethernet instead of direct connection over USB.
I've followed your guide to the letter. But Reason is simply not finding the .remotemap file. I am able to "Edit Remote Override Mapping" and set mixer controls to the knobs on the xtouch, so I know it's communicating fine with controller otherwise. Something must be wrong with a software or path setting. That's all I can think of. Thanks for tying to help.

DJMaytag

08 Jul 2020

ReasonUser wrote:
08 Jul 2020
followed the directions exactly per your guide.
FWIW, it's not my guide, I'm just a fellow user trying to help. I'm not sure how much Ben logs in here, so I thought I'd offer some basic support. I don't have Reason 11 (using R10), so I definitely can't help there.

ReasonUser

08 Jul 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
08 Jul 2020
FWIW, it's not my guide, I'm just a fellow user trying to help. I'm not sure how much Ben logs in here, so I thought I'd offer some basic support. I don't have Reason 11 (using R10), so I definitely can't help there.
Whoops. Sorry for the confusion. Well, I did try "Mixer Jaexx's" Mackie Universal map at that seems to work fine. Has anyone compared the two? I wonder what would happen if I simply renamed the deLux files to match the Mackie Universal control... :twisted:

DJMaytag

08 Jul 2020

No biggie. I was about to sell my X-Touch before Ben created his XCTRL version of the map/codecs. The X-Touch is FAR more usable now than it ever was!

DJMaytag

22 Jul 2021

Just checking in on any updates on this? I see some new options that I don't recall there being in firmware 1.15, as far as RTP-MIDI and operation modes. I see mine shows up defaulted to "CTRL" but there's a separate XCTRL option. Which one should I be using?

I've been delving into RTP-MIDI, and I'm wondering if this script will work over ethernet to my computer? Ive switched out my MIDI interfaces from 2x mio4's to a single mioXL, and it's not as convenient to connect 5-pin DIN MIDI (unless I go grab a couple 25' MIDI cables). Will report back to see if that still works...

CoffeeUp

27 Feb 2022

just tried this Remote script and also the one made by Jaexx. I must say this is more intuitive and is easier to learn and use.
One thing I added was some functionality to the navigation arrow buttons (next to the jog wheel), mainly to be able to change which track has focus.

on line 85 of the Remotemap file:

(edit: mind the TABS)

Code: Select all

Map	Nav: Left		Goto Left Locator
Map	Nav: Right		Goto Right Locator
Map	Nav: Up		Target Previous Track
Map	Nav: Down		Target Next Track

fullforce

02 Mar 2022

Regular X-touch is now quite affordable so I'm thinking of getting one.

fullforce

03 Mar 2022

I've done some research and I don't think there's any more value in a normal X-touch compared to the Compact. The Compact works pretty well in Reason

DJMaytag

03 Mar 2022

Unless something has changed, the normal/standard X-Touch is the only one that works with the deLux script, due to using the XCTRL protocol.

fullforce

04 Mar 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
03 Mar 2022
Unless something has changed, the normal/standard X-Touch is the only one that works with the deLux script, due to using the XCTRL protocol.
I mean without that particular script :)

manoob

12 Jul 2022

Hi guys. just got axtouch. but after using the mackie option like on youtube videos nothing happens. anyhow just saw this. do you guys the mapping you used still here?? would be great make it to work else i have to return it or leave reason. thanks guys!

DJMaytag

12 Jul 2022

manoob wrote:
12 Jul 2022
Hi guys. just got axtouch. but after using the mackie option like on youtube videos nothing happens. anyhow just saw this. do you guys the mapping you used still here?? would be great make it to work else i have to return it or leave reason. thanks guys!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv858f152uzh9 ... 0.rar?dl=0

There’s a user guide in there.

DJMaytag

24 Nov 2022

I'm getting a "Control Surface Error!" in my settings:
Image 11-24-22 at 10.05 PM.jpg
Image 11-24-22 at 10.05 PM.jpg (68.81 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

• Information