Reason / Behringer UMC404HD Feedback Loop

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
robsta

19 Jan 2020

Hi everyone!

I've been a bit of a lurker for a while but now I'm a bit stuck with something so thought I'd finally join up and ask for help.

I'm currently using Reason 10, and up until recently had always worked ITB, but now I've bought an external hardware exciter (Behringer SX3040) and I'm having feedback issues.

My current set-up is as follows:

Behringer UMC404HD playback channels 1&2 > Behringer SX3040 > UMC404HD inputs 3&4.

I can record the wet return feed from the SX3040 no probs (muting the new audio track in Reason SSL), but as soon as I unmute the channel for the recorded audio I get terrible feedback. I thought using 1/2 out and 3/4 in might prevent any feedback loops, but apparently not (for the record I'm using the playback outs because the main outs are already spoken for, although in the first instance I did try it using the main outs and has the same issue).

Would I be better changing to playback outs 3/4 on the UMC404HD to send to the SX3040, and changing the main output in Reason to these channels for the purpose of recording, then switching back to main out 1/2 after recording to enable playback? If so can something be set-up within Reason (preferably mappable to a hardware button on my MIDI controller) to enable quick-switching of the master output channels, rather than having to manually change them in the hardware interface everytime?

Or is all this unnecessary and I'm just missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

robsta

19 Jan 2020

Actually, forget this - I've just realised I can just switch the exciter off and cut the return feed :D

demt

20 Jan 2020

post a pickie
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information