Arturia Keystep PRO

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

Faastwalker

15 Jan 2020

Sweeeeeet :D The Keystep has been hugely popular. Good to see this development.

Arturia smashing it. I wonder what else they'll have for NAMM 2020.

O1B

15 Jan 2020

Look! Under the RECORD Button.... Quantize off......
:lol: :) 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good Lord, the Price. ~ $450 USD. Yikes!
Faastwalker wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Sweeeeeet :D The Keystep has been hugely popular. Good to see this development.

Arturia smashing it. I wonder what else they'll have for NAMM 2020.

DJMaytag

15 Jan 2020

Meh. I like my Keystep a lot, but was hoping for more keys, some extra CV outputs, and maybe more controller specific features. Sequencer features were NOWHERE on my want list for a Keystep Pro.

$450? I'll buy back a second Keystep and pass on the Beatstep Pro, and save me a bunch of money. I might opt for the Keylab 49mk2 though, if I can find one used.

O1B

15 Jan 2020

Keystep Pro means
- 4 lanes of 64steps - chain-able to 16 patterns - of un-Quantized Sequencing.
- Proper Display
- 4 devices - at least - that can be controlled
- 4 lanes and ample CV ...

NEW!.. :mrgreen:

ole.. :redface:

" I'll buy back a second Keystep and-"... Three HamBurgers still aint a Big Mac
.. i know... i knoww. you hate McDonald's

Good luck with KeyLab.

...And, try a Friendly's Jack Daniel's Burger or Chicken, when you get the chance.... Awesome!!
DJMaytag wrote:
15 Jan 2020
... was hoping for more keys...
...some extra CV outputs...,
... and maybe more controller specific features.

Sequencer features were NOWHERE on my want list for a Keystep Pro.

$450? I'll buy back a second Keystep and pass on the Beatstep Pro, and save me a bunch of money. I might opt for the Keylab 49mk2 though, if I can find one used.

DJMaytag

16 Jan 2020

I have a pair of Eurorack sequencers, a WMD Metron and a Qu-Bit Bloom. I don’t really need all the connections that the BSP/KSP have to offer.

Pretty much what I wanted all along was a Keylab MK2, but with 37 keys in the Keystep form factor. I usually only control one voice at a time in my Eurorack, so 4x is overkill, but the KSP still lacks CV/gate and a PAIR of mod outputs that Keylab MK2’s have. I want velocity AND after touch outputs assigned to MOD1 & MOD2.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2020

Wow, I was just wondering why Novation or Arturia didn't have a stand alone sequencer - I love both the Novation SL mk III and Arturia MiniBrute 2s sequencers, but I've pretty much maxed out both with my current setup, and don't have (or like) other sequencer options for EuroRack. So this actually fits my future quite nicely. I may have to leave the Novation at home and use this for live gigs - need some analog drum modules now…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Brosefski

19 Jan 2020

I've been eyeing the Arturia midi line. If it's semi weighted and excellent build for it, then I'd consider it but if it's like their essential 49 then I wouldn't. My problem with these midi's with a lower price tag is the build quality of their "semi-weighted" keys. I want to demo their 88 mkII with fully weighted keys and see how the build is. I haven't done that yet.
:reason: :recycle: :re:

DJMaytag

19 Jan 2020

selig wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Wow, I was just wondering why Novation or Arturia didn't have a stand alone sequencer
Um... Beatstep Pro?

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
19 Jan 2020
selig wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Wow, I was just wondering why Novation or Arturia didn't have a stand alone sequencer
Um... Beatstep Pro?
You left off the important part of my quote where I talk about not liking the other options out there (including BeatStep), and wanting something like my Novation SL mkIII.

Important distinction with the KeyStep Pro are more sequencers (four groups of CV outs), polyphonic sequencing (a HUGE key to replacing the Novation), poly CV option (just because they can!), and the LEDs above the keys for editing (something I can't do without thanks to the Novation). The keyboard alone makes it work great for my modular setup (I don't mind the mini keys since it's not going to be my main keyboard). The end game was to sell Peak and get the Summit keyboard so I could replace the Novation for live performance - but the "problem" was that I'd loose the Novation sequencer if I did that - thanks to KeyStep Pro, problem solved! Hopefully this makes my excitement more clear…
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2020

Hands on from NAMM:

This has me even more excited seeing it in action. In many ways it's like the Novation sequencer in the SL mkIII, where you see the notes for each step with the LEDs over the keyboard (because it's polyphonic now) and the way you deal with duration (using a "length" setting for each note rather than using multiple tied steps to create longer notes).
Lots of really cool features and functionality compared to past Arturia sequencer products including the MiniBrute 2s - stoked it will work for me as a replacement for the SL MkIII for live shows, and as a supplement in the studio.
Selig Audio, LLC

O1B

22 Jan 2020

Solid Video. Thanks for Posting. It looks impressive, too.
selig wrote:
22 Jan 2020
Hands on from NAMM:

This has me even more excited seeing it in action. In many ways it's like the Novation sequencer in the SL mkIII, where you see the notes for each step with the LEDs over the keyboard (because it's polyphonic now) and the way you deal with duration (using a "length" setting for each note rather than using multiple tied steps to create longer notes).
Lots of really cool features and functionality compared to past Arturia sequencer products including the MiniBrute 2s - stoked it will work for me as a replacement for the SL MkIII for live shows, and as a supplement in the studio.

• Information