Very affordable audio interfaces from Solid State Logic (SSL2 & SSL2+)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

13 Jan 2020

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces

SSL2
$229

SSL 2 - back 1920 wide.jpg
SSL 2 - back 1920 wide.jpg (501.99 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

SSL2+
$279

SSL 2+ Back 1920 wide.jpg
SSL 2+ Back 1920 wide.jpg (538.96 KiB) Viewed 2675 times

joeyluck

13 Jan 2020

Also comes bundled with Vocalstrip and Drumstrip SSL plugins (value of $199 each)

Comes with NI Hybrid Keys as well, among a few other things.
I'm pretty blown away by the price. Looking forward to seeing some reviews.

Sweetwater already has them in stock:
SSL2
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -interface
SSL2+
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -interface

It costs more to buy Vocalstrip and Drumstrip plugins (about $400), versus paying $229 or $279 for a great interface and getting them bundled for free. And then you get to use all of the other SSL plugins free for 6 months. And Hybrid Keys goes for $49 which you also get for free. And then free AAX plugins if you use Pro Tools...

deigm

16 Jan 2020

I want to buy one of these purely because it looks like reason! I won't, because I really don't neeeeed a new interface... But it looks like reason!! 🤪

EdGrip

16 Jan 2020

Assuming the drivers and latency are top-notch, the 2+ looks like a good first interface with the option for a bit of re-amping or messing with pedals. Could be great!

Yonatan

16 Jan 2020

Wish I needed a new interface :) looks a lot of fun. Who would not have the 4K legacy on at all time?

joeyluck

16 Jan 2020

Yonatan wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Wish I needed a new interface :) looks a lot of fun. Who would not have the 4K legacy on at all time?
I guess it depends on the mic, and if someone has a naturally bright mic.

If you're interested in the software, it's cheaper to buy one of the interfaces than buying the software.

I'm considering it, but I'm still waiting to see if Zoom releases something new in field recorders (all of which double as audio interfaces, so that would cover me in terms of upgrade in audio interface preamp quality). I want the 32-bit float recording found in the F6, but looking for a different form factor with other features (either a handy recorder or something like the F4/F8n). I really like my H5 and F1.

Yonatan

17 Jan 2020

Yes, the 32 or 64 bit floating is on the radar. The very stress release to work more freely and instantly, is of real practical value when capturing sound for video or a consert etc.
When recording oneself only, its a second nature to dial in right levels in all comfort, but as soon as recording others and out on field, it is always a tough thing to keep guessing levels and some times it is a pain when having the recorder in a bag or doing interviews alone.
Sound work are more expected to be handled by 1 person nowadays, so I agree on keeping an eye at Zoom inventions.

Also agree on the 4k button offcourse, I was more ironic about how often one want a magic sound button to be on. Would work wonders on my not so bright ADK A51 cond mic but probably not on my Rode condenser which is a bit too bright for my taste.

dezma

17 Jan 2020

At the price point, I'd reckon it would rather compete with the clarett series vs scarlett. How would the 2 compare?

So for software, on a win10 machine, it's probably not possible to use these SSL aax plugins.

• Information