Korg (re)releases the classic ARP 2600 FS

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 6273
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 23 Apr 2020

WOO wrote:
23 Apr 2020
What is the price of this one?
Currently $3900 USD, before they were sold out (it's a limited run):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... zer-system
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 01 Jul 2020

:shock: I got the call, DannyF. :shock:
Delivery is imminent: IN Store Pickup or - Straight to the Crib? Decisions... Decisions??

Image

Godspeed to you, unless you're rocking yours already.
I read that there were a few cancellations. I was a little worried.

If they make a MINI. I want that too. ["NOT IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE"... after Covid, Everything's in the Air]

FYI, though...: https://www.musictech.net/features/inte ... behringer/
MusicTech: We’re trying to address some of the crazy rumours and speculation about Korg releases. Firstly, people have been talking about an ARP 2600 mini.

There have certainly been a lot of rumours! I think people were getting excited because they saw a picture which was leaked before the ARP 2600 launch. And it was actually an early render of our 2600 delivery issue. So people presumed that a mini version is coming. I’d love to say “yes”, and I’d love to see a mini myself. But I can’t guarantee that it’s coming.

dannyF wrote:
12 Jan 2020
O1B wrote:
11 Jan 2020
They are selling like Hot Cakes!

Sounds and Workflows great!

Ordered!
Same here!

Can't wait. Workflow / interface is killer.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 06 Jul 2020

Hey that's great man.

Yah mine came in about a month ago. #586. had the opportunity to sell ( at a good profit ) but I don't think I would ever want to sell it. Clearly its the best monosynth I have. And will have for the forseeable future.

I will likely get the Behringer version too. Be fun to compare them.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 06 Jul 2020

$7500 Used is the going rate right now. In three-six months, $10K firm. Not a bad investment.

I also want that Behringer 2600. Lights, form factor, Price. Im in. :puf_smile:

Enjoy, #586!! (Aren't there only 400 units? ... 586??)
dannyF wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Hey that's great man.

Yah mine came in about a month ago. #586. had the opportunity to sell ( at a good profit ) but I don't think I would ever want to sell it. Clearly its the best monosynth I have. And will have for the forseeable future.

I will likely get the Behringer version too. Be fun to compare them.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 07 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
06 Jul 2020
$7500 Used is the going rate right now. In three-six months, $10K firm. Not a bad investment.

I also want that Behringer 2600. Lights, form factor, Price. Im in. :puf_smile:

Enjoy, #586!! (Aren't there only 400 units? ... 586??)
dannyF wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Hey that's great man.

Yah mine came in about a month ago. #586. had the opportunity to sell ( at a good profit ) but I don't think I would ever want to sell it. Clearly its the best monosynth I have. And will have for the forseeable future.

I will likely get the Behringer version too. Be fun to compare them.
I think 1000 units.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 07 Jul 2020

I spoke to someone close to the Behringer product and they mentioned it will now include a spring reverb. So am happy about that..... they also said release was very very close..... June they said, of course that's come and gone. I guess they want to make sure they do things right.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jul 2020

Nice! All around! Thanks!
dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I spoke to someone close to the Behringer product and they mentioned it will now include a spring reverb. So am happy about that..... they also said release was very very close..... June they said, of course that's come and gone. I guess they want to make sure they do things right.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 09 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Nice! All around! Thanks!
dannyF wrote:
07 Jul 2020
I spoke to someone close to the Behringer product and they mentioned it will now include a spring reverb. So am happy about that..... they also said release was very very close..... June they said, of course that's come and gone. I guess they want to make sure they do things right.
Update from just today. Spoke with them again. Looks delayed until September he thinks.

Also UBXa may also be September to be announced but then 3-6 months before product is available.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jul 2020

The UBXa ... wow! But, Im out of Room. But wow!
I diG that architecture. (I have no knowledge of olberheim.)

What's the word on Polyphony? 4, 6, 8 Behringer Special?
I like the Pitch shift Clip. It looks ready-to-play-.... I can handle the delay. I need too make room.

Every thing is delayed until September, it seems. MS 20 FS, as well. That, I want. Two for Stereo Filters.

[EDIT: HERE!]
Just like that...! :mrgreen: That's all the factory wrapping, folks.
That they arrive without a scratch is virtually Impossible. I am Eternally Grateful.
Not a Drop of water. Not a mark on the cheap cardboard.
O1B-Arp26-x1.jpg
What a Load of the Brain. It should bee unravelled by the Week's End.
1970,. here I come!!
dannyF wrote:
09 Jul 2020
O1B wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Nice! All around! Thanks!

Update from just today. Spoke with them again. Looks delayed until September he thinks.

Also UBXa may also be September to be announced but then 3-6 months before product is available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2020

Talk about Bleep. Bloop.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 6273
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 16 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Talk about Bleep. Bloop.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmhwpW-10d8
Assorted musings: out of a 13 minute long hands-on demo, user spent less than 60 seconds messing with patch cables. On a Korg ARP 2600 FS.

Image

:lol:
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 16 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
15 Jul 2020
[EDIT: HERE!]
Just like that...! :mrgreen: That's all the factory wrapping, folks.
That they arrive without a scratch is virtually Impossible. I am Eternally Grateful.
Not a Drop of water. Not a mark on the cheap cardboard.
I missed that congrats! I noticed you covered up your number?

I got 586.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 16 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Talk about Bleep. Bloop.
is this your video?

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2020

No. Sorry. The video is not me. It's just summin I saw on youtube

The Arp 2-6 ate 1/2 my apartment, Time to lighten my gear load some more.
I keep its Number private - jic I gotta sell. It's massive.
- No less than $10k, though. --- :puf_smile:

I am relieved. Today was such a stress release.
dannyF wrote:
16 Jul 2020
O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Talk about Bleep. Bloop.
is this your video?

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2020

Boom.
O1B-Arp26-o2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 17 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Boom.
O1B-Arp26-o2.png
Nice.

+ you can always add the Antonus Sidecarp.

+ join the Facebook Korg ARP 2600 group. Lots of good, helpful people in there.

EdGrip
Posts: 1878
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 17 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
I keep its Number private - jic I gotta sell.
Is this a fraud thing? I'm confused.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 6273
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 17 Jul 2020

EdGrip wrote:
17 Jul 2020
O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
I keep its Number private - jic I gotta sell.
Is this a fraud thing? I'm confused.

Since the serial number is a unique ID assigned to the device, generally owners want to keep this private (unless selling), as it's used for registration and support.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2020

... :? .... :question: .... :lol: You try to taint me with 'Fraud'...? Silly human.

Thanks, EnochLight.
EdGrip wrote:
17 Jul 2020
O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
I keep its Number private - jic I gotta sell.
Is this a fraud thing? I'm confused.

EdGrip
Posts: 1878
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 17 Jul 2020

Not you! I thought avoiding fraud might be your reason cos I was wondering what negative outcome you're avoiding by hiding the number.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 17 Jul 2020

EdGrip wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Not you! I thought avoiding fraud might be your reason cos I was wondering what negative outcome you're avoiding by hiding the number.
Some people are just more private. Most on the Facebook group are proudly sharing their numbers.

User avatar
dannyF
Posts: 209
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 17 Jul 2020

Antonus SideCARP

https://antonus-synths.com/en/antonus-sidecarp-2/


Screenshot_8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Crumbfort
Posts: 140
Joined: 20 May 2018

Post 18 Jul 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Boom.
O1B-Arp26-o2.png
Ace!

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1872
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jul 2020

Thanks, Crumbfort!
Crumbfort wrote:
18 Jul 2020
O1B wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Boom.
O1B-Arp26-o2.png
Ace!

Thanks for the tip, dannyF. I'll check it out.
That'd make for a nice Eurorack accessory package:

Scope (DATA), DUAL and/or QUAD LFOs, 4 2x4 Splitters (Active), Faders, Scalers, Polarizers, Off-setters.
another OSC, and, of course... MIXERssss (VCAsssss)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests