Korg Wavestate

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2020

I think the "state" in the name is the "new" feature. I.e. you can step by step change the sound in the step sequencer (or arp), and also change pitch and other things. Not the only one that does it, but that tiny display and no desktop editor in the plans, well, who's really gonna program it? Maybe that RND function has some built in "smartness". Maybe I'll swing by Korg at NAMM and play with it.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EnochLight

10 Jan 2020

rcbuse wrote:
10 Jan 2020
Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2020

Is Wavestate a simple version of Nostromo?
The original Korg Wavestation and Ensoniq fizmo were big influnces on Nostromo's design.
Ensoniq's Fizmo was one of those long lost gems of the affordable hardware world. I really wish Ensoniq would have weathered the times and stayed a contender - my first workstations were the VFX-SD, the EPS 16+, and the ASR 10.

fizmo.jpg
fizmo.jpg (13.57 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

O1B

10 Jan 2020

The architecture of the Hydra is AWESOME - compared with ... say the Analog 4. (Hard to give up the 4 layers, though)

I LIKE synths with their own KEYS -
and it has ample CV..
MOD 1 and 2 IN and OUT, as well as Pitch Gate and Clock OUT. ... ¿no clock in?

selig wrote:
10 Jan 2020
Yonatan wrote:
10 Jan 2020
There you have some real knobs! With that one design in sight, Wavestate look a bit tiny and cramped. But I guess the price tag on Hydrasynth is way higher. But those knobs...
You can get the desktop version of Hydrasynth for the same price as Wavestate, or pay $1299 and get a bigger keyboard, poly after touch, and a ribbon controller (as well as many additional features including EuroRack CV I/O). It's a matter of which one meets your needs, and especially if you're a huge fan of the original (I'm not, but only because of lack of experience with it).

O1B

10 Jan 2020

Go 'head with yo' Bad Self!

Boombastix wrote:
10 Jan 2020
Maybe I'll swing by Korg at NAMM and play with it.

O1B

17 Jan 2020

You can see in this video the words “Frequency” and “Rectangular Width” which we know from the Moog 921 VCO in 5U. Also, you can see a hint of “+-6”, “Oct”, “Range” and “Audio which gives more clues to this VCO.

:mrgreen: When you swing by, try this out if you see it PLEASE!!! :mrgreen:

Boombastix wrote:
10 Jan 2020
Maybe I'll swing by Korg at NAMM and play with it.

demt

07 Feb 2020

bang on for the money
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

wendylou

08 Feb 2020

adfielding wrote:
08 Jan 2020
As for the Wavestate - I think it's got a lot of potential, though I'm not really in the market for more hardware. Must admit I'm not massively enamoured with some of the Korg patch demos, but I'll be interested to see more user examples in the weeks/months ahead. If they released a software version I'd be all over it.
Ditto, I love the Wavestate sound capabilities but don't want to go back to hardware. Korg has no plans at present to offer the Wavestate as software, but one can hope they'll reconsider after hardware sales cap. The $799 Wavestate price is amazing, considering the Wavestation cost me over $2100 when it was first introduced in the 1990. Actually, building my MIDI hardware studio with high priced gear back then eventually led to bankruptcy :shock: So I'm liking the software alternative today. I even picked up the Korg Legacy Wavestaion EX plugin. Maybe in a few years we'll see the Wavestate "legacy" soft synth. :puf_smile:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information