Behringer X-Touch

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
montfrooij

05 Jan 2020

The other day I bought a Behringer X-Touch to use with Reason (mainly to control the SSL mixer).
I made a short post + video about my experiences so far.
http://www.tricks-and-tips.nl/music-pro ... ith-reason
Let me know if you have questions about it!
It really has been a good investment so far for me.
(I'm in no way related to Behringer 😉 )

joeyluck

05 Jan 2020

Thanks for sharing.

I never knew the X-Touch faders were so loud. I thought they were more like the X32 faders which are relatively quiet and smooth. The sound and jumpiness during automation reminds me more of the BCF than the X32. Do you perhaps have a mic pointed directly at the X-Touch?

demt

05 Jan 2020

thanks for the insight seems a good buy
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

montfrooij

05 Jan 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Jan 2020
Do you perhaps have a mic pointed directly at the X-Touch?
No, but the cam was pretty close to the X-Touch and there was very little sound other than the X-Touch motors.
That was actually how I intended it to be.
In 'real life' you will have your monitor sound too and it won't be as evident.
I can post another example of the same part if you want but with a normal monitor volume.

The jumping is more on Reason I guess. If they switch position it is smooth as butter.

joeyluck

05 Jan 2020

montfrooij wrote:
05 Jan 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Jan 2020
Do you perhaps have a mic pointed directly at the X-Touch?
No, but the cam was pretty close to the X-Touch and there was very little sound other than the X-Touch motors.
That was actually how I intended it to be.
In 'real life' you will have your monitor sound too and it won't be as evident.
I can post another example of the same part if you want but with a normal monitor volume.

The jumping is more on Reason I guess. If they switch position it is smooth as butter.
No that's ok. Thanks for offering. I use the X32 often in theatres. I like to freak out stage managers by moving faders remotely from my iPad lol, but it's never anything they can really hear, even when it's dead silent in the theatre. I can't tell a big difference in motor sound between the X32 and other boards like the Yamaha M7/LS9. I guess the X32 faders are just a little quieter than the X-Touch. I hear more of a light swooshing with the X32 as expected with any motorized fader and less clunkiness. Could also be the body of the devices and how the sound carries or doesn't... And the jumpiness might just be a culprit of stepped MIDI automation, which I have never done from the X32—only remote control.

montfrooij

05 Jan 2020

We also have the X32 also for gigs, and they are said to have the same motors.
I guess it is just with the automation that it really sounds so loud.
I'm mixing a song right now and don't hear it that much.

• Information