Anyone using Gig Performer or some other Mainstage alternative?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
edx500

03 Jan 2020

Hi
I haven't been on this forum in ages!
Just wondering if anyone has any live performance software (Windows based) they're currently using? I've spent the last few days looking at Gig Performer, Cantabile and a few others. So far I like Gig Performer but I'm trying to understand what's possible with these programs.

FWIW when it comes to Apple I'm kind of like an ex-Catholic....there's no way I'll ever go there again.

Now that PH (oops) Reason is a VST of sorts I assume it will be a lot easier to use it with these programs. I shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel to use it in a Live setting.

I'd like to run a couple of synths and add effects to the guitars and bass. Just wondering what's possible and the equipment involved (interfaces, suitable laptops and such)?

Any thoughts are appreciated. We can even argue about Apple ;)

jam-s

03 Jan 2020

Depending on your (live-)workflow Ableton live or Bitwig might be good options for a live setup.

edx500

13 Jan 2020

Thanks for the replies...hoping some other folks might weigh in as well

edx500

13 Jan 2020

joeyluck wrote:
03 Jan 2020
Also check out Camelot Pro, made by Audio Modeling (makers of SWAM instruments) along with Fatar.

https://camelotpro.com/
OMG! This Camelot looks incredible! It really looks like something I could work with.

paulred67

14 Jan 2020

I bought Gig Performer 3 yesterday. It uses virtual cables to interconnect modules (MIDI In, MIDI Out, VSTs, etc.), so it's easy to learn for Reason users. I also trialed Camelot and Live Professor, but didn't like any of them. Another alternative is Cantabile, but it doesn't support VST 3 yet, so no Reason Rack within it.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

Pianopaul

19 Sep 2020

I am using Gig Performer since late 2016.
Before I used mainstage.
Gig Performer is a perfect solution for live musicians and it is much more flexible than other programs.
And it is available for OSX and Windows.

Take a look at their forum
community.gigperformer.com

yossi25

11 Dec 2020

paulred67 wrote:
14 Jan 2020
I bought Gig Performer 3 yesterday. It uses virtual cables to interconnect modules (MIDI In, MIDI Out, VSTs, etc.), so it's easy to learn for Reason users. I also trialed Camelot and Live Professor, but didn't like any of them. Another alternative is Cantabile, but it doesn't support VST 3 yet, so no Reason Rack within it.
Paulred67 Can you please tell me why was Gig prfmr better then Camelot pro,I'm trying to decide which one to buy. I don't understand all those terms,words(MIDI terms etc.) When i read the features on their website I don't understand so clear, I'm not so advanced in the words they use.To me, it looks like Cameolot pro has everything that GP has, + it's easier to use for someone like me that is not good in tech,is that true? if yes, why buy GP? both cost the same price?
Thanks so much.

• Information