MacBook Pro charger not working can’t find help online

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
scratchnsnifff

29 Dec 2019

Maybe someone here can help me

So the tip of my magnetic charger has been getting really hot
And it’s like the magnetic balls aren’t pushing back out all the way
It’s as if they were melted in a downward position

Has anyone with a Mac experienced something like this?

Hopefully getting a new charger cable in a few hours but this issue is greatly hindering my Reason/ableton usage
It was working if wiggling it in a certain way, but it doesn’t want to make a connection now :/

Getting a hydrasynth in the mail by the 10th, of course this happens right before I get such a beauty

Any info help or just a good luck would help lol
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Reasonable man

29 Dec 2019

If this is the first time this has happened you'll be alright with a new charger. A new charger will get you at least 8 mothhs trouble free.
I'm on my fith charger now so its a bit more terminal . I will have to get a new megasafe dc in-board in my (old) mac as its not the charger thats at fault anymore. This happens - like a car needing a new clutch.
If this has been happeneing for longer than 18 months ,look at your charger port and if its all blacked out (like mine) then iti will need need to be replaced . Cheap to buy apparently but you need a professional to do the job as there is soldering involved. Ifixit will get you the part.
I think you just need a charger- £75

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Dec 2019

I've had this happen in the past and I had to clean the both sides of the connectors with deoxit. Once the pins were clean and the 'spring action' was back to normal, I didn't burn my hand on the power connector anymore and everything worked as it used to.

• Information