Record multiple MIDI Tracks at once

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pummelfee

22 Dec 2019

Lets say, i have an external MIDI Sequencer, sending on four different MIDI Channels. Then i have four Reason Instruments, each connected via MIDI Bus A to the four Channels (Advanced MIDI device).

How can i record them separetely into the four tracks at once?

I use Fugue Machine on iPad and send the four playheads to four different Reason Instruments, that works great. But to record the session i have to send the playheads/tracks one by one.

BTW; do you have some other interesting iOS sequencer or controller apps to play together with reason?

Reason used to be my musical playground. Together with the iPad this becomes a theme park... ;-)

dioxide

22 Dec 2019

Unfortunately you can't record through the Advanced MIDI device. I know, I know. You can only record through the main sequencer using Remote, and to my knowledge you can only record one set of notes at a time (need to check this!). You can record automation on more than one channel but not notes.

ljekio

23 Dec 2019

If you have Windows, you can setup MIDI OX with any virtual midi cables (loopMIDI, or loopBe1, or etc), make some midi ports in there. In the MIDI OX route it from midi channels to separate midi ports and add manually some control surfaces for that ports in Reason.
After it you must lock that ports to devices and press record buttons on the tracks.

pummelfee

23 Dec 2019

ljekio wrote:
23 Dec 2019
If you have Windows, you can setup MIDI OX with any virtual midi cables (loopMIDI, or loopBe1, or etc), make some midi ports in there. In the MIDI OX route it from midi channels to separate midi ports and add manually some control surfaces for that ports in Reason.
After it you must lock that ports to devices and press record buttons on the tracks.
Could be the same with studiomux (i own a copy...) I will try!

demt

24 Dec 2019

remember that then
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information