Behringer Eurorack sneak peak

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2019

Behold all HW geeks, here it comes, what might change the Eurorack landscape.

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

O1B

13 Dec 2019

Nice Find. Just saw!

Very Very NICE!! Handle AND Stand!

3A Power.

WIN!! I'm interested.

... the 923 Filter. hmmm.....
Boombastix wrote:
12 Dec 2019
Behold all HW geeks, here it comes, what might change the Eurorack landscape.

Proboscis

13 Dec 2019

It's amazing that after just one day of the video's release, and subsequent suggestions, that Behringer posted this:

"Hey guys, we hear your comments. The unit will ultimately now come with a mounting strip rather than sliding nuts/bolts"

Listening so intently to their customers, and making immediate changes to what's going to be shipped as a physical product is the antithesis of Propellerhead's decades-old deaf ear syndrome.

Bravo to Behringer.

O1B

13 Dec 2019

Props has to do what Props has to do. Damn if I think I could 'do' better.

But, about Behringer... YES!!! to a MOUNTING STRIP. I Loathe sliding crap.
Very, very Nice.

The 3U is up on Sweetwater, FYI.

That "Walking with the HANDLE" moment is KILLER!!
Behr- GO.jpeg
Behr- GO.jpeg (137.54 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Proboscis wrote:
13 Dec 2019
It's amazing that after just one day of the video's release, and subsequent suggestions, that Behringer posted this:

"Hey guys, we hear your comments. The unit will ultimately now come with a mounting strip rather than sliding nuts/bolts"

Listening so intently to their customers, and making immediate changes to what's going to be shipped as a physical product is the antithesis of Propellerhead's decades-old deaf ear syndrome.

Bravo to Behringer.

selig
RE Developer

13 Dec 2019

As someone pointed out on another forum, it's name is "GO" and it has a handle, but no cover! Not sure how portable something like this is except for when you have a short drive and don't have to pack it with much other gear. Still for bigger trips I'd use a hard case, but would be nice to be able to throw a cover on it for local trips. Otherwise, why call it "go" - it seems like a great studio case from what I can tell…
Selig Audio, LLC

O1B

13 Dec 2019

Site B in up the block and round the corner..... for me.

I walk with a 42HP or 60 - or both - most days...
I would not want to carry the Go!, but, i'd hate not to get setup X from Site A to Site B - in a Pinch.

No lid needed in a pinch!
selig wrote:
13 Dec 2019
As someone pointed out on another forum, it's name is "GO" and it has a handle, but no cover! Not sure how portable something like this is except for when you have a short drive and don't have to pack it with much other gear. Still for bigger trips I'd use a hard case, but would be nice to be able to throw a cover on it for local trips. Otherwise, why call it "go" - it seems like a great studio case from what I can tell…

Proboscis

13 Dec 2019

selig wrote:
13 Dec 2019
A very valid comment. While I would hazard a guess that most users won't be hauling it to gigs, the fact that they promote it having a handle and calling it 'go' might suggest portability, which is quite an erroneous claim. Throwing it in back of the tour van isn't going to see all those potentiometer shafts on modules last very long. Maybe they will release a matching road case for it, and call it "Go Go"

selig
RE Developer

15 Dec 2019

O1B wrote:
13 Dec 2019
Site B in up the block and round the corner..... for me.

I walk with a 42HP or 60 - or both - most days...
I would not want to carry the Go!, but, i'd hate not to get setup X from Site A to Site B - in a Pinch.

No lid needed in a pinch!
I agree, it's not any more or less portable than most other racks, but it's being promoted specifically as a portable solution. That's really my only observation, otherwise looks good, though things like build quality and power supply robustness cannot be judged by what little has been shown to date. I'm sure it's good enough for most folks and most situations. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

manisnotabird

18 Dec 2019

I hope they make some smaller ones. I could never afford to fill that much space! Or find a place in my room for it!

BRIGGS

19 Dec 2019

Brilliant!!! :shock:
r11s

O1B

19 Dec 2019

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Dec 2019
I hope they make some smaller ones. I could never afford to fill that much space! Or find a place in my room for it!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2019

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Dec 2019
Looks like it is designed to take 4x the Behringer "mini synths", so you only need four modules, lol!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Catblack

24 Dec 2019

I'm currently building a case. Technically my 2nd. (My first is two bamboo skiffs.) I bought a TS600 vector rail set -- that's 4x 300hp. And 2 top of the line Trogotronic power supplies used for $200. And then 4x rail brackets set me back $60 (and I got a deal on those.) So about $340 for 12u at max 150hp, not including wood for the sides.

People say Uli is going to price these at $200, but I can't see these going for less than $250, and probably $300. And they'll still be cheaper than most any other case (Mantis?) but still... I will probably look at them used about a year after they are out.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

dannyF

24 Dec 2019

whats the price? and dimensions in cm?

• Information