How long did Balance actually last?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

I bought Balance around the time Reason 7 was released. I love it. Seriously. I’m going to be sad if it ever breaks. It worked as it should in Windows 7 without problems and even in Windows 10 with reselection of the Balance driver whenever I open Reason for the first time...and sometimes a little conflict with other stuff but well...

Anyway...why oh why oh why can’t Props just do a driver update? Yeah, I know it’s a discontinued product but seriously...just how long was it actually on the market? How much money and time would it take to make a better driver to get it to work on Windows 10? You can’t even get questions answered about Balance from support even though they more than likely know what the problem is.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Last Alternative

30 Aug 2019

To my knowledge it was only out for a year or two. I remember almost buying it but my music guy recommended Focusrite and man that thing was a pleasure to have until I upgraded BIG TIME. I hope yours will last forever. PH makes solid software. Makes sense they were just as diligent with their hardware. Godspeed 💫
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

artotaku

30 Aug 2019

It´s a shame that the driver is not fixed for Windows 10 anymore. It´s a really well designed audio interface and the hardware is still working. But after the hiccups I have with it on Windows 10 I´m considering buying a new audio interface.

fullforce

30 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Aug 2019
To my knowledge it was only out for a year or two. I remember almost buying it but my music guy recommended Focusrite and man that thing was a pleasure to have until I upgraded BIG TIME. I hope yours will last forever. PH makes solid software. Makes sense they were just as diligent with their hardware.
Well no. I remember someone taking it apart and it was all held together with glue and tape.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

artotaku wrote:
30 Aug 2019
It´s a shame that the driver is not fixed for Windows 10 anymore. It´s a really well designed audio interface and the hardware is still working. But after the hiccups I have with it on Windows 10 I´m considering buying a new audio interface.
I won't buy a new interface until my Balance breaks. I'm pretty sure of that. But..to come back to the question, why don't they just fix the driver? I'm no computer guy but surely it wouldn't cost that much in time and hours...or??
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Last Alternative

30 Aug 2019

Glue and tape? Yeah right! :lol:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

artotaku

30 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
30 Aug 2019
artotaku wrote:
30 Aug 2019
I won't buy a new interface until my Balance breaks. I'm pretty sure of that. But..to come back to the question, why don't they just fix the driver? I'm no computer guy but surely it wouldn't cost that much in time and hours...or??
Well, the Props guy who did it was urgently needed for the VST Reason Plugin integration ;-). No, just kidding. I just assume that development resources where better invested elsewhere and why support drivers for legacy hardware?
At least, it would have been cool to allow open source development for the driver but there are some obstacles or it is even not possible to do it because of driver signing policies and payed partner programs by Microsoft for driver development.

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/window ... ertificate

• Information