Intellijel PALETTE 62HP 4U Case

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

10 Aug 2019

Intellijel PALETTE 62HP 4U Case

... I love my Pods. 4 60s and 1 48X. But 62HP - DEEP w/2 buffered Mults, MIDI (1/8!), Stereo AUDIO and 1U space... Nice!... Pod60s fit Cwejman, Mutable Instruments, 4ms, and Malekko, fit. Some Make Noise...

Correction : The Palette is ~45mm, I believe ... Rackbrute and the Old Intellijel if you still need 60-75mm.

In Stock at MartinPas. Intellijel, in my experienc, could take a while, if you don't grab 'em Quick!

~$299
Features

One 62 hp row of Eurorack (3U) module space.
One 62 hp row of Intellijel (1U) module space.
Built in dual buffered multiple with bi-polar led level indicators.
Expansion jacks for MIDI and balanced audio.
Threaded M3 strips for mounting modules.
High spec 40 Watt power supply capable of powering up to 12 modules with +12 V output at 1200 mA, -12 V output at 1200 mA and +5 V output at 500 mA.

Topic on Muff: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... c7c29c4705
Palette-P1.png
Palette-P1.png (526.05 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
https://intellijel.com/shop/cases/4u-pa ... rack-case/

Old (~75mm vs NEW ~45mm)
Last edited by O1B on 11 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

O1B

10 Aug 2019

Power

O1B

11 Aug 2019

Nice size.

O1B

18 Aug 2019

Jagwah

18 Aug 2019

O1B wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Power

Wow that's really something. It's very small so you would really need to know exactly what you want and what you can get by with, personally I'd rather have the extra space and fill them up with blank panels.

Cool that it comes with a multiplier solution, I've found mine to be some of the most used modules I have and they are just passive ones.

Interesting that it has build in audio jacks, is the idea to connect your amp module internally? I guess I have the same question for the midi jacks. Never seen that before but it looks interesting to have all these options built in.

O1B

19 Aug 2019

There are Audio IN and OUT modules with 1/8" connections that pair (in the back) with the 1/4 Audio Ports... for easy conversion.

I am very mobile with my 4ms Pods, and have much more 'focused' sessions with modules this way.
The Pods (4ms) are only ~35mm deep so... SMALL.

But, the Pod48X is 45mm deep... So far, very FEW modules I own DON'T fit. The Palette is about the same.
The Pods can be connected together - via barrel cable - to one power source... so, its a killer modular modular.

I do prefer the Pod60 for ANY module that fits. Mutable Instruments (All), 4ms (PEG), some MN (Maths), It's so convenient.
I have the Intellijel 4U 104 and RackBrute and they are DEEP, but less mobile.

The Palette is Perfect. I have one now. I am choosing who is Palette worthy. I'll order a 2nd soon.
ADDAC, SERGE, TINRS, new MNoise....for Cwejman, I just plugged a bare stick from 4ms to one of the Palette's Power connections .

And - YES! BUFFERED mults. are a must - imo. And, the light show signaling Polarity is Priceless.
60 is a good amount. I'd prefer 90, but i never carry/move my rack brute, so maybe i do prefer 60.

60 is 6 10HP modules... that's a lot. 62 with 62 worth of 1U - and, 2 Buffered Multis w/LEDs ...I'm Happy.

Godspeed choosing your weapons.
Jagwah wrote:
18 Aug 2019
O1B wrote:
10 Aug 2019
Power

Wow that's really something. It's very small so you would really need to know exactly what you want and what you can get by with, personally I'd rather have the extra space and fill them up with blank panels.

Cool that it comes with a multiplier solution, I've found mine to be some of the most used modules I have and they are just passive ones.

Interesting that it has build in audio jacks, is the idea to connect your amp module internally? I guess I have the same question for the midi jacks. Never seen that before but it looks interesting to have all these options built in.

Jagwah

19 Aug 2019

O1B wrote:
19 Aug 2019
If small and mobile suits you then that looks about perfect. If I only had 5 or 6 modules and I was away from base I'm sure I would focus on them a lot more than I would otherwise.

O1B

20 Aug 2019

"Small and Mobile." Absolutely. I just ordered a 2nd. The Bare strip is for reverse keyed modules. I have a few.

Now, to pick through my modules to find the ones that are 'Palette-Worthy.' I'm thinking...
Arrel Audio M/S & EQ (10+10),
Disting (4),
DATA (16),
...PEG (20) and a buff mult (2) .... 62 HP
- [ OR, no DATA/PEG....instead... a FSH-1, D-LFO, CV* and Audio* Mixer...?] ... for a Proper M/S Processor Setup?
PaletteBS1.jpg
PaletteBS1.jpg (606.62 KiB) Viewed 1792 times
I've given up on "Small" modules, btw.... Many of mine are 20HP and up.

And, Divi'ing up modular gear into functional groups makes making music more focused, directed, and efficient - for me.

btw, 5-6 modules?

...Just Performance Control modules...
- Long throw Faders from Mother Russia (4),
- Soundmachines LS-1(x2) and LP-1,
- FOH Choices (2),
- Planar 2, **** definitely Palette#2 Worthy
- FLAME Memory Joystick,
- Synthwerks Finger FSR-4 and Pad (4B/C) modules,
to name a few.

Makes sense to me to put them on a Different Deck - no?

What performance control modules do you use/have, Jagwah? How do you Master the all-in-one?
Jagwah wrote:
19 Aug 2019
O1B wrote:
19 Aug 2019
If small and mobile suits you then that looks about perfect. If I only had 5 or 6 modules and I was away from base I'm sure I would focus on them a lot more than I would otherwise.

selig
RE Developer

20 Aug 2019

Thanks as always for your excellent threads on Eurorack developments. This looks interesting - my current 6U Rackbrute is almost full, and I'm hoping to create an FX rack next as there is SO much cool stuff out there in that category.

This rack could fill the bill nicely for a portable FX rack!

Quick question: what do you typically use in the 1U space? There seems to be more options recently, so it looks like the category is growing. Does anyone else besides Intellijel offer a rack with a 1U option?
Selig Audio, LLC

O1B

20 Aug 2019

Hey Hey Hey!

The Palette is really a Godsend for me. I fear those big boards.
Built-in Bi-polar Scopes - that are also Mults - are so useful.

62HP. Limiting myself to 60HP, or 60+48, or 60+60 (barrel cable), my Learning Curve exponentiated.

You can literally learn how to 'DJ' or mangle the music you have - or add to it - if you think outside the box.
*** Stackcables are Amazing Utilties. With a dual filter, you have a Mixer. Don't Skimp ***

62HP + a useable 1U row + 2 Visual buffered multis + Audio I or O + MIDII... $300.

btw... ONLY Intellijel fits in Intellijel cases - as per the company.
But, they are making more. The forums show the demand is there, and Intellijel seems to be responding.
The Palette is a sign. I've never had ANY issues with their Power. Same for Arturia and 4ms.

The other company's case "Looks" Heavy. 4 Lbs. The Palette .. fore-arm tuck.. feels like ounces.
Quick question: what do you typically use in the 1U space?
I can tell you what I have. I do plan to use them all.

But I have only used/installed:
Digiverb: Came with a used 4U. I like it.
Multi (Buffered) Stil usefull. and frees up the 3U.
Headphone: Pre-installed on a used. Nice n Easy. Better free.
USB Power: easy - but I opt not to power from the grid.
Quadratt: Triatt+1.

I own:
Zeroscope. now - Palette 2. I need scopes. Reason thing.
Steppy: for my 4U 104HP Drum Module.
uMidi: Palette
Noise: Always useful - and - it's very envelope-able.

Get the Palette. Don't be Logarithmrified.

Have a Good One. I'll post a pic of my first completed Palette.
Then, I can have a Good Smoke.
Its Summer-summer-summertimeeee! Time to sit back and un-wind. Ahhhh... yeahhhhh!

O1B
selig wrote:
20 Aug 2019
Thanks as always for your excellent threads on Eurorack developments. This looks interesting - my current 6U Rackbrute is almost full, and I'm hoping to create an FX rack next as there is SO much cool stuff out there in that category.

This rack could fill the bill nicely for a portable FX rack!

Quick question: what do you typically use in the 1U space? There seems to be more options recently, so it looks like the category is growing. Does anyone else besides Intellijel offer a rack with a 1U option?

• Information