What would you want an ELK hw to do?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

How could it be?

Forget open source hardware, there Teensy aplenty already to play with.
No votes
Teensy is cool, if it's going to be cheap, I'm in!
No votes
I would like it to run Subtractor and freely re arrange my cv's and faders
No votes
I would like it to be whatsoever standard device and freely rearrange knobs, fads, etc
38%
I would like it to be a Viking 2 monster, with 64poly modular cv and be it magnetically modular-expandable with new modules, add the SSL mixer magnetic module on top and stun my opponents with it!
25%
other, don't know yet.
13%
other, I know but won't tell ya!
13%
other, unspecified.
13%

Total votes: 8
Re8et
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

There's an ELK thread already, but this would like to be a simple pool, not on what it is, or where it could get, but more on how. Unfocusing on the details of the real hw for a moment and just get some flow going.
I mentioned open source in the other thread, developing an open source hw where elk could run would be fun, if anyone could decide to upload as Subtractor, a Kong, a Redrum, Thor, etc, basic devices would be fun to swap around... SSL mixer... let the economics aside, makers, copyleft, etc etc.
Imagine the module could be really open to whatsoever modifications to final users, and could upload all basic-standard devices at will.
Sky is the limit except hardly any Korg dev would get the message :oops:

Pool:<<< :reason: >>>:

* stun at line 5 could be exchanged with anything in your mood( :puf_smile: )

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

I would like it to be a "Combinator 2.0" with some knobs and faders on the outside and a menu for assigning these, with any RE or combination of RE running inside. The only limitation is CPU power. Release a software tool with it that helps setting things up and transfers them over to the hardware. 2 in 8 out /w USB+5pin MIDI host and thru and of course 4 CV outs for the modular crowd, because why would you want to waste that existing functionality?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

diminished wrote:
22 May 2019
I would like it to be a "Combinator 2.0" with some knobs and faders on the outside and a menu for assigning these, with any RE or combination of RE running inside. The only limitation is CPU power. Release a software tool with it that helps setting things up and transfers them over to the hardware. 2 in 8 out /w USB+5pin MIDI host and thru and of course 4 CV outs for the modular crowd, because why would you want to waste that existing functionality?
and the software should read your cpu limit o emulate it or it will screw over updates :lol: :oops:
nice

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

Re8et wrote:
22 May 2019
diminished wrote:
22 May 2019
and the software should read your cpu limit o emulate it or it will screw over updates :lol: :oops:
nice
Yeah so you have the choice between 10 Thors with Players, CV mod and several stock effects or 0.5 ReSpire.
:D
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

I forgot to mention the pedal switch that allows you to browse between your patches.

dioxide

22 May 2019

I want it to be an additional source of income for developers, opening up RE as a way for people to develop for Eurorack or other hardware. If the potential customer base is expanded, RE users will find more cool stuff in the shop regardless of whether or not they want to buy the hardware.

I don't really need this stuff as actual standalone hardware, I'd be content with a MIDI controller with 1 to 1 mapping.

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

dioxide wrote:
22 May 2019
I want it to be an additional source of income for developers, opening up RE as a way for people to develop for Eurorack or other hardware. If the potential customer base is expanded, RE users will find more cool stuff in the shop regardless of whether or not they want to buy the hardware.

I don't really need this stuff as actual standalone hardware, I'd be content with a MIDI controller with 1 to 1 mapping.
I would like it too, a very basic device could just get the core cpu an some midi mapping knobs, faders, and audio I/0, nothing too fancy or pricey

Re8et
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

diminished wrote:
22 May 2019
I forgot to mention the pedal switch that allows you to browse between your patches.
You might need the special cable for that :thumbs_up: or just a dc coupled audio in!

• Information