Remote Maps for Alesis V-mini

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
dioxide

21 May 2019

Here are Remote codecs and maps for the Alesis V-mini.

These codecs and maps were developed for my own use and are a work in progress, but I am sharing them here for others to use and develop. The Instrument mapping is very limited, but it is easy to add your own maps.

https://alesis.com/products/view/vmini
Attachments
Alesis V Mini.zip
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

GlacierRays

28 Jul 2022

Hi there, I found this thread because i'm looking for a new compact controller and the V-Mini looks great. However I noticed there still aren't codecs or maps by default in the file structure in R12, so considering getting it anyway and using yours.

Just wanted to ask how your experience of using the V-Mini has been with Reason since posting this, any issues I should be aware of? I tend to customise my remote maps so that knobs aren't automatically assigned to anything and I just right-click a parameter and select "Edit Remote Override Mapping" as and when I need to control something. Will that functionality work with the V-Mini if I customise the remote map to remove all the default connections, as I have done with other supported controllers?

I'm wary of using controllers that aren't supported by default as i've been stung before, but if you think it will work I'd like to give it a go.

Thanks in advance

• Information