Choice Eurorack FX Modules

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 14 Jan 2020

How cow! I just saw the Video! WOW!!!

Glad I waited. Research time.

Thanks for the Head's up!
Catblack wrote:
13 Jan 2020
I'm going to be lusting after this one for a few years. (Maybe the next version or two when they get CPU upgrades.) The pedal version demos I've seen are very impressive.


User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jan 2020

Pittsburgh Modular

Lifeforms Cascading Delay Network ... very interesting.


A study in complexity through simplicity. The Cascading Delay Network combines four 600ms voltage controllable delays with a labyrinth of internal analog signal routing to create a tangle of unique time based effects. Five distinct Cascade Modes internally reconfigure the delay lines and feedback paths with the press of a button.

Cascade Mode 1: Combines all 4 delay lines into a single delay and a unified feedback path with audio inserts and tap outs on all channels.

Cascade Mode 2: Combines the first 3 delay lines into a single delay and a unified feedback path with audio inserts and tap outs on all 3 channels. Channel 4 functions as a standalone delay line with independent feedback control.

Cascade Mode 3: Combines the first 2 delay lines into a single delay and a unified feedback path with audio inserts and tap outs on both channels. Channel 3 and Channel 4 are also combined...

Cascade Mode 4: Combines the first 2 delay lines into a single delay and a unified feedback path with audio inserts and tap outs on both channels. Channel 3 and channel 4 function as standalone delay lines ...

...now for a proper Stereo or two channel SEND/RETURN Mixer Module...
Image

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 878
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 15 Jan 2020

O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Pittsburgh Modular

Lifeforms Cascading Delay Network ... very interesting.
I've read there's a lot going on under the hood for these, though it's also using the cheap pt2399 chip.

I live near Pittsburgh Modular, have visited their office. They fixed a Cell90 power supply that I shorted in about 15 minutes for me for free. I've also had the Lifeforms SV1 and the Microvolt 3900 checked out from the local library over the holidays, both great solid units that they'd donated. I can only say good things about them. I'm sure this new module sounds even better up close.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

DJMaytag
Posts: 187
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 15 Jan 2020

I'm about to build a pair of the Frequency Central Stasis Leak FX modules.






User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jan 2020

Thanks for the chip heads up... ill keep an eye out for confirmation.

Im good with my Delay choices... a couple more to try... Z-DSP... Rainmaker...

But, I really need a nice Reverb mod.
Catblack wrote:
15 Jan 2020
O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Pittsburgh Modular

Lifeforms Cascading Delay Network ... very interesting.
I've read there's a lot going on under the hood for these, though it's also using the cheap pt2399 chip.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 878
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 15 Jan 2020

O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2020
Thanks for the chip heads up... ill keep an eye out for confirmation.

Im good with my Delay choices... a couple more to try... Z-DSP... Rainmaker...

But, I really need a nice Reverb mod.
Catblack wrote:
15 Jan 2020


I've read there's a lot going on under the hood for these, though it's also using the cheap pt2399 chip.
I don't want to say that the pt2399 is a bad chip at all, it's just you can get them for about $1.50. It's the circuit you build around it.

I'm probably going to use one or two for timing in a mod of a cheap chinese reverb module I'm working on. If it all turns out ok I'll maybe have a pcb/panel set designed this spring. I've got to get the units, breadboard, then stripboard and then design a pcb.

I should do a thread here with my builds so far...

Check out the specs on https://www.vult-dsp.com/freak
Looks really great.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jan 2020

Thanks for the Link. I'll check it out today.
So, you are the real deal when it comes to module making. Congrats on the Skill.

.... thanks for sharing... Ill definitely read your thread.

i look forward to a Moogfest Build Retreat.... and a 'free' Moog.... someday...
Catblack wrote:
15 Jan 2020
...
I'm probably going to use one or two for timing in a mod of a cheap chinese reverb module I'm working on. If it all turns out ok I'll maybe have a pcb/panel set designed this spring. I've got to get the units, breadboard, then stripboard and then design a pcb.

I should do a thread here with my builds so far...

Check out the specs on https://www.vult-dsp.com/freak
Looks really great.

DJMaytag
Posts: 187
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 16 Jan 2020

O1B wrote:
16 Jan 2020
i look forward to a Moogfest Build Retreat.... and a 'free' Moog.... someday...
Moogfest 2019 was cool, and so was building a $1500 "free" module, the Spectravox. Sadly, there's no Moogfest 2020, and I had to sell my Spectravox to fund some other things I needed to take care of in there studio.

DJMaytag
Posts: 187
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 16 Jan 2020

O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2020
But, I really need a nice Reverb mod.
Noise Engineering just dropped a new dedicated reverb module at NAMM this week, Desmodus Versio



Qu-Bit Aurora also was announced at NAMM, and if it's as good as Bloom, Prism, & Chord (I bought all three recently), then Aurora should be amazing.

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-qu-b ... e-modules/

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jan 2020

Many thanks. Right on Time w/ the Noise Engineering news.

And, congrats on Moog '19. Very cool.
I hope to start my module making journey this year 'round September. Things to do beforehand.

Image
DJMaytag wrote:
16 Jan 2020
O1B wrote:
15 Jan 2020
But, I really need a nice Reverb mod.
Noise Engineering just dropped a new dedicated reverb module at NAMM this week, Desmodus Versio

youtu.be/OurxJr8S_0Q

Qu-Bit Aurora also was announced at NAMM, and if it's as good as Bloom, Prism, & Chord (I bought all three recently), then Aurora should be amazing.

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-qu-b ... e-modules/

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 878
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 16 Jan 2020

Great demo.

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

User avatar
Crumbfort
Posts: 135
Joined: 20 May 2018

Post 16 Jan 2020

Catblack wrote:
16 Jan 2020
Great demo.

Really cool stuff.... I think I wants it.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1780
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 11 Mar 2020

Bastl THYME... https://bastl-instruments.com/instruments/thyme
Bastl THYME.png
Digital (STEREO) Tape machine...
Read and Write HEAD. Feedback. Filter. Rez. Speed/ Position/ Timing Control.
Tweakable by Hand or LFOS... aka... the ROBOT.

hmmm... very nice sonics... I missed this one. (No basil modules here... yet.)
I love the preservation of the higher frequencies....
Other such modules seem to always KILL or DISTORT the HIGHS... imo.

Anyone have/used one? I'd love to know what it does to Drums and Voice... I likey.


Designers of THYME...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests