Korg Volca Nubass: vacuum tube synthesizer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6002
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 May 2019

So far, only a leaked image. Perhaps more to come from superbooth...

Image

Harmen
Posts: 52
Joined: 12 Jan 2018

Post 06 May 2019

Now that is cool !!!

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1427
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 07 May 2019

I fear Superbooth this year is going to GAS me up so much I'm going to need 'new gear' rehab or something!! :shock:

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 489
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 09 May 2019

buy BTC

OverneathTheSkyBridg
Posts: 230
Joined: 15 Jan 2016

Post 09 May 2019

This is probably their most gimmicky Volca. I'm not really hearing anything that the original Volca Bass couldnt do.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 489
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 09 May 2019

buy BTC

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1427
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 May 2019

Sounds very 303 ......... and then some with the overdrive. Do we need another 303 sounding synth in 2019? Not personally. But this will no doubt be very affordable & appealing to those the want a bit more Acid in their lives. It does sound nice & beefy, especially with that sub osc.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6002
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 May 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2019
Sounds very 303 ......... and then some with the overdrive. Do we need another 303 sounding synth in 2019? Not personally. But this will no doubt be very affordable & appealing to those the want a bit more Acid in their lives. It does sound nice & beefy, especially with that sub osc.
I have the Volca Bass, which pays homage to the 303 by looks only (and some features). And I appreciate that this does a bit of the same with the features (like the addition of accent), but it overall still sounds like its own thing.

I'm pretty set with ABL3 for 303 emulation, and if it came to an analogue hardware emulation, there are already some really good ones out there to consider. So it's cool to see stuff that fills the same niche/genre while offering a sound a bit unique in comparison.

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2373
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 10 May 2019

It’s not using a vacuum tube but it’s a chip simulating vacuum tube processing
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6002
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 May 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 May 2019
It’s not using a vacuum tube but it’s a chip simulating vacuum tube processing
Here's more about Nutube tech:
https://korgnutube.com/en/

FAQ:
https://korgnutube.com/en/faq/
Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube./

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2373
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 10 May 2019

joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 May 2019
It’s not using a vacuum tube but it’s a chip simulating vacuum tube processing
Here's more about Nutube tech:
https://korgnutube.com/en/

FAQ:
https://korgnutube.com/en/faq/
Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube./
thanks, my bad. looks like a chip, isn't a chip
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1438
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 10 May 2019

That BASS tone at 3:47. (Batts video). Sold. a whole lotta rectifying going on in that thing. Good Jesus.

I love my Aira TB-3 and I love it's architecture/modulation abilities.
Image

But Volca has that Step Sequencer as well. It'll be some good 'Head-to-Head.'
The Volca line has stepped up! and... $200.

Pre-ordering is now OPEN.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot] and 0 guests