Anyone tried out LANDR?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Heigen5

12 Apr 2019

https://join.landr.com/en-fb/mastering/ ... ii4VNtLUvw

I haven't but has anyone else tried it out yet?

ScuzzyEye

12 Apr 2019

Heigen5 wrote:
12 Apr 2019
I haven't but has anyone else tried it out yet?
Since you've got a referral link there, you must have an account. Why not give it a shot? :) I've heard it's not bad for a quick master. Pretty much matches the automatic settings in Ozone 8, which I own, so I don't need that service.

WongoTheSane

12 Apr 2019

This (rather affected) guy compares Landr, eMastered, Majordecibel, Aria and a real mastering engineer:

The Landr/Ozone comparison is at 23:50. It is pretty obvious that Landr is... I don't want to be sued... really really similar to Ozone 8.

Heigen5

13 Apr 2019

Yeah, well, just wanted to know if anyone has give it a shot. I usually master my own stuff myself and probably will keep doing it. This service has been continueslie advertised on my Facebook, so I thought to ask if anyone knows anything about it. If this really is just an automated Ozone 8, then I end my curiosity here.

miscend

13 Apr 2019

Its great as a mixing tool. It will expose any problems with the mix that may cause issues during the mastering stage such as offensive resonances, problems with imaging or any balance issues. If you have a mix that sounds good through the Landr algorithm it will sound even better when mastered by a human. I'd rather fix these issues in the mix, rather than leaving it up to a mastering engineer, trying to do major corrective surgery on a stereo mix is not always for the better.

friday

13 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Its great as a mixing tool. It will expose any problems with the mix that may cause issues during the mastering stage such as offensive resonances, problems with imaging or any balance issues. If you have a mix that sounds good through the Landr algorithm it will sound even better when mastered by a human. I'd rather fix these issues in the mix, rather than leaving it up to a mastering engineer, trying to do major corrective surgery on a stereo mix is not always for the better.
+1

• Information