Panorama P6 Has Gone Janky

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
sugarfysh

04 Apr 2019

I've had my P6 for almost 4 years now with zero complaints. I don't really use all the fun integrations, but the transport and pads I do use. It's so weird that I can be surrounded by 000s of dollars worth of hardware, and now my P6 is making it all less than useful.

So here's what is happening...

The pitch bend wheel seems to be sending out occasional MIDI messages. When I record a MIDI track, there has been pitch bend data on the track that wasn't entered manually using the actual pitch bend wheel. But it gets weirder...

When I actually manipulate the pitch bend wheel, whatever instrument is selected (be it internal to Reason, VST, or even hardware), the instrument's tuning is altered in the down direction by about half a semitone. I can duplicate this every time. Correction of wrong tuning can be accomplished by manipulating the on-screen or actual pitch bend wheel of the device, or by turning off. I assume a CC message would also fix it but I haven't tried.

I hit up Nektar support twice now. Still not heard anything back. I've asked this question on Facebook. Nobody has much in the way of advice. One suggestion was to clean the potentiometer, but that doesn't explain the random MIDI messages.

Tonight I will attempt a factory reset and see if that has any effect.

Beyond that, I'm not that impressed with the P6. Mostly it's the shiny fingerprint collecting plastic on top and the cheap feel of the sliders and knobs, but I just don't need all that functionality. The motorized slider seems oversold. It's just one. Not that impressive. I'm looking at other controllers, particularly the Arturia KeyLab MKII 61. I just need something solid that I can get transport control and maybe pads working on.

In the meantime, any advice or similar experiences are always welcome. Thanks!

tumar

05 Apr 2019

Mine P4 had a midi leakage just before became doorstep. Midi leakage - I mean there was no separation between midi channels 1-3. There were also many weird actions (like screen artefacts).

WongoTheSane

06 Apr 2019

Happened to me on my LX49 two weeks ago and they sent me a replacement. You should give them a couple of days to answer your email, if you haven't.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7511538

• Information