connecting a Roland SE-02 to reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
voiceprint1

29 Mar 2019

Hi, I tried using my Roland SE-02 with reason and got it to record audio, but was not able to hear or monitor that audio. I am sure that I did not set the Audio midi correctly. The SE-02 is recognized as a midi devise, so the driver seems like it works fine, and playback on the SE-02 with midi is fine.

This is my first time trying to use the SE-02 as the audio interface. Any input would help. I am using Reason 10.

voiceprint1

29 Mar 2019

I am an Mac ox 10.13.6

demt

29 Mar 2019

assign drivers to audio track?right clickaudio track
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

voiceprint1

01 Apr 2019

the issue is monitoring, like I said I could see the incoming levels, but no monitoring?
I will try adding the Audio IN SE-02 as aggregate devise?

demt

02 Apr 2019

" but was not able to hear or monitor" still im only guessing
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

HoboSage

03 Apr 2019

https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... a-Computer

Connecting your SE-02 to a computer using the direct USB connection

1. Download and install the SE-02 driver for your computer and connect the USB cable. You can download the latest drivers from our website here.

Make sure you download the driver that corresponds to the type of computer you have (Mac or Windows-based) and the version of operating system you are using. Once downloaded, you will need to run the setup application to install the driver into your system. This may include re-starting your computer.

Note: If you are using Windows 10. the driver will be automatically downloaded and installed when you connect the SE-02 to your computer.

2. Confirm that the USB driver is installed correctly and that the computer is communicating correctly with the SE-02.

On a Macintosh, look in the Audio MIDI Setup utility and confirm that the SE-02 is listed in both the Audio and MIDI Studio windows (it will be listed as "Boutique").
On a Windows PC, open the Device Manager and confirm that the SE-02 is listed under "Sound, video, and game controllers" - it will be listed as "Boutique."

3. Activate or enable the SE-02 in your music software. You will need to consult with the documentation for your specific application for this, but usually there is a preferences menu where you will need to enable the SE-02 so it can be used by your software.

I"m guessing the SE-02 will show up as a choice for your audio card driver in Reason under Edit - Preferences.
Last edited by HoboSage on 03 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.
My Music: https://www.hobosage.com

My Gear: Surface Pro 6; Reason 10+; Scarlett 2i2 interface; KRK Rockit 5 monitors; Samson SR850 cans; Shure Beta 87A mic; M-Audio 49-key controller; Rainsong DR-1000 acoustic; Fender Modern Player Telecaster

botnotbot

03 Apr 2019

voiceprint1 wrote:
01 Apr 2019
the issue is monitoring, like I said I could see the incoming levels, but no monitoring?
I will try adding the Audio IN SE-02 as aggregate devise?
If the SE-02 set as your audio device in Reason's settings, do you have your headphones/speakers plugged into the output of the SE-02?

If you want the output to go to a different audio device then making an aggregate device should solve this.

voiceprint1

30 Apr 2019

Sorry to drag this up again, I did contact Roland, then properly setup a aggregate devise on Mac's Audio Midi. Honestly I am a loss, as sometimes Reason see's and will monitor the sound, and other times it does not. On the Audio channel it will show signal, and likewise I can hear the SE-02 within reason, but seems to have a split personality, it's like it want's to record midi first, then I have to active the audio channel while it's still recording to add in the audio part, but many times I can see midi, but not hear the SE-02 at all.

Also, on the audio channel, there seems to be some discrepancy on input, like if I don't select anything it will show aggregate devise, then if I select stereo input, it changes to Aggregate 1, and Aggregate 2?

Is this a function of reason, that it cannot record midi and monitor audio at the same moment? would a dedicated interface solve this, it's driving me bananas.

• Information