IKEA: Cheap yet highly effective angled stands.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
cognitive

25 Mar 2019

A couple of days ago, while walking through the local mega IKEA (think "Costco from Idiocracy" sized), I stumbled across these and they just happen to perfectly fit my Novation Circuits and my MPC Live.

BRADA Laptop support - black - IKEA

ISBERGET Tablet stand - blue - IKEA

I'm sure these fit a lot of other gear too.

$13 total to get angled stands for 2 Circuits and a Live that seem like they were made for the devices? WINNING!

IKEA_stands.jpg
IKEA_stands.jpg (198.76 KiB) Viewed 899 times

O1B

25 Mar 2019

Boom. Thanks!

cognitive

30 Mar 2019

Follow up, I cut two 1/4" (roughly 6.5mm) strips from an old mouse pad, then superglued them rubber side out to the bottom contact areas of the ISBERGET.

Now it's solid as a rock on my desk and doesn't slide around at all when I'm tweaking knobs on the Circuit.

EnochLight

01 Apr 2019

cognitive wrote:
30 Mar 2019
Follow up, I cut two 1/4" (roughly 6.5mm) strips from an old mouse pad, then superglued them rubber side out to the bottom contact areas of the ISBERGET.

Now it's solid as a rock on my desk and doesn't slide around at all when I'm tweaking knobs on the Circuit.
Hmm... but the black one you're using for your MPC Live doesn't slide around, does it? I've got an MPC Touch and might pick one of the black ones up. Thanks for the idea!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

cognitive

01 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
01 Apr 2019
cognitive wrote:
30 Mar 2019

Hmm... but the black one you're using for your MPC Live doesn't slide around, does it? I've got an MPC Touch and might pick one of the black ones up. Thanks for the idea!
The MPC Live is heavier than the Circuit and the wider stand has more contact area with the desk, so it doesn't tend move the way the ISBERGET did. Plus I don't do as much QLINK knob twisting with the Live. I'll still probably add the rubber strips to it anyway, just to be thorough.

EnochLight

01 Apr 2019

cognitive wrote:
01 Apr 2019
EnochLight wrote:
01 Apr 2019

The MPC Live is heavier than the Circuit and the wider stand has more contact area with the desk, so it doesn't tend move the way the ISBERGET did. Plus I don't do as much QLINK knob twisting with the Live. I'll still probably add the rubber strips to it anyway, just to be thorough.
I’m more concerned with the inertia from banging out beats on the pads. Thanks, though
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information