Giving Life to Delta 10/10LT PCI to PCIx Adaptor

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Roddy

21 Mar 2019

I Originally posted this to home recordings forum.

=ME= Hi , i was using Reason 10 with i5 8gb laptop however it was starting to "computer too slow" message, so upgraded to gigabyte mb with i7, 16gb ram 2x1td drives, working a treat. I use 2 keyboards and 3 control surfaces with korg volca keys x1, korg volca synth x1, korg volca drums x2 , korg volca sampler x1. running windows 7. I have a delta 1010 (pci) and have been looking for a way to reuse it with the mixing desk again , however i have googled and the only option i can find is to buy an external pci housing (its a bit expensive new), is there another way i adapt this card to pci-e bus.

=ME= After several hours of searching i found 2.6 FT PCI-E Express X1 to Dual PCI Riser Extend Adapter Card With USB 3.0 Cable. got my fingers crossed its going to work. £6 from china

=OTHER= Hi Roddy, some years ago I emailed a company that sold PCIe to PCI MOBO adaptors as I wanted to run an M-A 2496 card in a PC with no spare PCI slots. I politely put my question, "will the adaptor work with a soundcard please"? The response was a veiled "Buy the 'king adaptor or FO". Needless to say I didn't! It was a lot more than six quid!

I am NO PC guru but I know even USB 3.0 is not as fast as PCIe but then it doesn't have to be? I think it is about as fast as PCI? DO! Let us know the outcome, good or bad, so many folks do not.

=ME= Quick update, adaptor arrived this morning , great , went to fit it however the adaptor has a usb 3 socket on the right hand side so when the cable is installed there is no room as its blocked by usb header on mainboard, so i have had to order a right angle up usb 3 cable from amazon which arrives tomorrow , another day waiting. The part looks well made and solid, will have to drill another 2 screw holes as the standoffs dont match any pre drilled holes. Another update tomorrow when the usb cable comes.

=ME= ok so got the angled usb 3 adaptor , screwed it all in, card found by windows but no driver, off to manufactures site, installed drivers, restart, its there in device manager but "not enough resources , disable others,,error 12", removed brand new 4gb nVidea card to free resources ( need 3 screens for Reason 10, pc only does 2 onboard). restart. ITS ALIVE, but back to 2 screens untill i can get a fix for error 12 or try less hungry pcie graphics card, will try to borrow old one from pc shop tomorrow.

=ME= no spare cards at pc shop for test ...SUCCESS After much research in to error 12 (not enough resouces error), the overall and easy fix was BIOS related " while with onboard graphics enabled enter bios then i disabled on board graphics, save exit and turn off, installed off board graphics restart 1 monitor in both card, enter Bios enabled off board, restart , checked dalta 1010 audio was working OK, restart to Bios again enabled onboard graphics limited memory to 64BM, save and restart OVER THE MOON no error 12 Reason working great with the old Delta 1010 , 3 Screens all great.

=ME= update , got 5 screens now working , extra 2 for VST instruments, 4 korg volcas recording in, 2 mics in , 5 control surfaces and midi working great well pleased with the final result, Reason 10 working really well , no latency or "computer to slow".

LONG LIVE PCI

I HOPE THIS HELP OUT THESE THAT CAN PICKUP AN OLD QUALITY SOUND CARD FOR CHEAP AND REUSE IT

pci adaptor https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2-6-FT-Pci-e-E ... 7675.l2644
i7 16gb 4x500GB DH's,i4600 (2 screens),nvidia GTX 1050Ti(2 screens),NanoKontrol2x2,Panorama P1,MPK mini,LPD8, ION Key49,Novation ReMote ZeroSL,Korg Volca Bass,Samplex2,Keys,Beats x2,Monologue,MS-20x2,SQ1x2,EAMk2,EM-1
https://soundcloud.com/user-156451639

• Information