Stream Deck from Elgato - calling all programmers! This could be shortcut heaven!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Sorped

19 Mar 2019

Hello,
OK, so I got myself a Stream Deck from Elgato.

When it first came out it was meant for streamers, as the name might imply...
Basically you press a button, it performs an action. The background of the button is a small LCD-screen with a picture on it. It has integration with a lot of streaming software, but also some basic system commands. You can launch links, programs and make your own hotkey-switches and setup is pretty easy and you can of course change icons, even use gifs!

So far I've made 1-button shortcuts for Save and Save as and for opening the "Export song as audio"-menu with the help from TinyTasks macro recorder. I've yet to dive into Auto Hot Key which would make this device a lot more powerful!

Now, here's the thing; with version 4 of the Stream Deck software they provided an SDK so it's possible to make pre-built setups with high integration to whatever software. It has already been done for at least Reaper I believe, so I'm hoping someone out there with the skills will get inspired to make something for us Reason users! :)

You can read more about it here - https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck
Alternative uses - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph7pMGuN-YQ (With the help of IFTTT the possibilities are apporaching endless! ;) )
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

Sorped

25 Apr 2020

It now has a midi feature - https://trevligaspel.se/streamdeck/midi/index.html

Haven't used it, just FYI :)
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

25 Apr 2020

I was exploring these: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7516386

Great for at home use or on your own computer, and I imagine it's great with Reason.

But I'm holding out for a Stream Deck in the future that has built-in memory so I can just plug and play on any computer without having to install the software, and my patches, and my icons... I would be using something like this between many computers at different theatres.

What I ultimately want is something that is a combination of the Stream Deck XL with the custom LCD keys/pages and the X-Key, with its built-in memory. Right now X-Key is still the standard for theatre design use because it just works.

selig
RE Developer

25 Apr 2020

I've been eyeing the Stream Deck for a while now. Exploring the software options in the mean time, using an Android/Apple phone pad. Currently testing Touch Portal…
Selig Audio, LLC

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

Haven't looked, but I can imagine a ton of apps exists or will be coming. We need to put all old smartphones to use. Remotes and midi controllers seems like a great idea for old phones.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

sonicbyte

06 Aug 2020

selig wrote:
25 Apr 2020
I've been eyeing the Stream Deck for a while now. Exploring the software options in the mean time, using an Android/Apple phone pad. Currently testing Touch Portal…
Hi Selig, just yesterday start testing Touch Portal, and I found it very useful, just testing control mixer and rack shortcuts and works pretty well...

Could you comment more about how it worked for you ? Do you think is worth the time to setting everything up? Still using it?

Thanks !

npinero1

10 Aug 2020

I have mine setup with an iPad mini using rsTouch Love it
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

joeyluck

10 Aug 2020

npinero1 wrote:
10 Aug 2020
I have mine setup with an iPad mini using rsTouch Love it
I edited this post of yours and deleted your following post. It looks like you were having trouble posting your picture.

For future reference, imgur links do not need to be wrapped in the 'img' tags (which will just show as a broken image like yours did)—you just have to post the link for imgur (the forum supports it, like it does YouTube or Facebook posts).

As a guideline, a url that ends in an image extension (.png, .jpg, etc.) will work with the 'img' tag. For instance, had you opened your image in a new tab and instead copied and shared that url (https://i.imgur.com/esmoeWJ.jpg), wrapping that in the 'img' tag would work.

• Information