Assigning Record buttom in MIDI Nektar LX88+

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Felipe Turbay

17 Feb 2019

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time assigning the "record" buttom to my MIDI Keybord controller (impact LX 88+). By clicking on "Edit remote override mapping" I can assing the buttom, however, when click the record buttom on my Midi its does a single note, meaning that it only record while i am holding the buttom on! as soon as I stop pressing it end the recording. The same happens when assigning the loop buttom.

I really appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Sincerly,

Felipe

retreed
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

Felipe Turbay wrote:
17 Feb 2019
Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time assigning the "record" buttom to my MIDI Keybord controller (impact LX 88+). By clicking on "Edit remote override mapping" I can assing the buttom, however, when click the record buttom on my Midi its does a single note, meaning that it only record while i am holding the buttom on! as soon as I stop pressing it end the recording. The same happens when assigning the loop buttom.
Did you work through their Reason troubleshooting:
http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=26

After "Surface Locking" every button was working as expected and mentioned in the documents (including the "record" button).

Keep in mind that this is not global and needs to be done for each project (unless you save it in your standard template for future projects, which does of course not include your old existing projects).

WongoTheSane

17 Feb 2019

I have a LX49, and had nothing to do whatsoever to have the record button work as expected. Did you 1) install the drivers provided with the keyboard, and 2) make sure that you have both surfaces selected in the Preferences?

nektar.PNG
nektar.PNG (53.3 KiB) Viewed 610 times

Felipe Turbay

17 Feb 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
17 Feb 2019
I have a LX49, and had nothing to do whatsoever to have the record button work as expected. Did you 1) install the drivers provided with the keyboard, and 2) make sure that you have both surfaces selected in the Preferences?

nektar.PNG
did your LX49 was reconized automatically? mine didnt and I had to add it manually, plus I didnt install any drivers, I just inserted the USB and started to work. The only problem I have is when assigning the buttoms!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.28 KiB) Viewed 603 times

WongoTheSane

17 Feb 2019

Yes, that's what causes your problem, you have to install their drivers! You must register your keyboard on their site (nektartech.com), after which you can download the integration drivers from your account.

Felipe Turbay

17 Feb 2019

Hello!

it worked! thanks all for your support.

Sincerly,

Felipe

WongoTheSane

17 Feb 2019

:thumbs_up:

• Information