Heeelp!!! Expression pedal not working as expected.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2019

I've got a Line 6 KB37 keyboard. I just bought an M-Audio EX-P expression pedal to control my Kuassa Wah RE.
No matter what I do I can't get any knobs in Reason to go lower than the one 'o clock position. It's driving me mental.
There's a trim knob on the pedal for taking the volume position down?? The pedal only affects parameters when it's set to maximum.
Is there anybody with any experience with setting up an expression pedal who can give me some pointers. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2019

Well nobody replied on this but I may have solved the problem. The pedal has a hardwired TRS cable. Apparently Line 6 must have a mono input for the expression pedal i.e a TS jack. for it to work properly. So now I’m going home to rummage around in the back of drawers to see if I have a TRS to TS adapter. Thought I’d just post this in case anybody has the same issue in the future.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

15 Feb 2019

It would seem a simple TRS to TS adapter is not enough, you also need to desolder a resistor.
Just read last post here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/23057-w ... ompatible/

PS: I use an EV-5 with Logidy umi3 ---> fantastic Kuassa wah!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

zumBeispiel wrote:
15 Feb 2019
It would seem a simple TRS to TS adapter is not enough, you also need to desolder a resistor.
Just read last post here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/23057-w ... ompatible/

PS: I use an EV-5 with Logidy umi3 ---> fantastic Kuassa wah!
Thanks. Yeah. I read that as well. Line 6 suck. I mean for the most part expression pedals and inputs have TSR jacks. But Line 6 decide to wire their stuff differently. Is it so they can sell more of their own products to people who have already bought in. I would bet that it is. I certainly will never, ever but Line 6 stuff again.
Thanks again for checking out solutions. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

15 Feb 2019

You're welcome.
In the past I had a Line6 Express MKII (4 switches and an expression pedal). It was robust and good, particularly on stage.
It's been stolen during a concert.

Data_Shrine

16 Feb 2019

I have a cheap M-Audio expression pedal and it works fine with my DX7.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

Data_Shrine wrote:
16 Feb 2019
I have a cheap M-Audio expression pedal and it works fine with my DX7.
Yeah. That’s because it’s not Line 6 that make DX7s. As I said, Line 6 wire their interfaces so they don’t work with TSR jacks.
It’s a cheap M-Audio I’ve got too ha ha :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information